From Bright Pattern Documentation
< 5.8:Scenario-builder-reference-guide | Reference | VariablesandExpressions(Redirected from 5.8:Scenario-builder-reference-guide/IntegerExpressions)
Some helpful information on using integer expressions in the Scenario Builder application is given as follows.
- An expression starts with = sign, e.g. in "a=b" assignment block, =2+3 in the value field would result in 6. If you omit the equal sign, the result would be "2+3"
- Numbers can have the unary minus operator (e.g., -2).
- The four arithmetic operations and parentheses, including nested ones, are supported (e.g., (2+3)*((7-1)/2+1)).
- Division by zero produces an error in the log; the operation result is undefined.
- Strings cannot be mixed in one expression with numbers (e.g., =2 + “string” is invalid).