From Bright Pattern Documentation
• 5.3 • 5.8
Floating Point Expressions
Some helpful information on using floating point expressions in the Scenario Builder application is given as follows.
- An expression starts with = sign, e.g. in "a=b" assignment block, =2+3 in the value field would result in 6. If you omit the equal sign, the result would be "2+3"
- Either the point or exponent can be used (e.g., 2.00 or 2E00 or 20E-1 or .2E1).
- The four arithmetic operations and parentheses, including nested ones, are supported.
- A mix of floats and integers produces a floating expression.
- Division by zero produces an error in the log; the operation result is undefined.