The recommended order of the most common contact center configuration tasks is described in this section. Each configuration step is referenced to a specific topic where more details can be found. Note that every configuration step recommended below is optional and depends on your specific environment. Because every contact center is unique, it is impossible to suggest a process that would apply universally to all possible types of installations. Use the information below as a general guideline only.
The following steps suggest the order of the initial general contact center configuration that is recommended regardless of whether the contact center will be used for inbound services, outbound campaigns, or both.
Step 1: Log in with the default username and password
Refer to the Login Procedure.
Step 2: Adjust the application settings
Update the Application Settings to
- Set your preferred time zone and language.
- Change the password.
Step 3: Configure the voicemail system
Enable voicemail for your contact center.
Step 4: Create accounts
- Create accounts for the users who will be performing the configuration tasks discussed in later steps. Initially, these users can be members of the default Administrators team.
- Then assign those users the roles that will enable them to perform their tasks.
Step 5: Specify the email settings
See section Email Settings.
Step 6: Setup audio for pre-recorded messages
- Prepare and upload custom audio treatments.
- Create shared voice segments.
- Record or upload a default voicemail greeting.
Step 7: Update general settings
Review and change the default values of the general settings that apply to the entire contact center.
Step 8: Specify call recording settings and grading categories
Step 9: Define operational schedules of your contact center.
Step 10: Create teams and add users
- Add teams to your contact center. Agents work in teams that supervisors are assigned to supervise.
- Create or import users and assign them to teams. If you plan to use chat media to serve your customers and/or for internal communications, consider uploading photos for all users. Note that users may be given the privilege to configure many of their own settings and upload their own photos.
- Create or import users that will serve as supervisors, and assign them to supervise the agent teams.
Other Configuration Steps
For configuration steps specific to different types of services, follow these links: