- General Information
- Contact Center Configuration Process
- Initial General Configuration
- Inbound Voice Service Configuration
- Outbound Campaign Configuration
- Email Service Configuration
- Chat Service Configuration
- Web Chat Configuration
- Users and Teams
- Forwarding and Voicemail Operation
- Agent Dashboard Metrics
- Skill Levels
- Help Screens
- Scenario Entries
- Services and Campaigns
- Services and Campaigns Overview
- Properties Tab
- Assignments Tab
- Lists Tab
- Dispositions Tab
- Activity Tab
- Numbers Tab
- Service Level Tab
- Outbound Tab
- Results Tab
- Archive Tab
- Canned Tab
- Email Tab
- Pre-defined Dispositions
- Outbound - General
- Outbound - Calling Hours
- Outbound - Dial Rules
- Outbound - DNC
- Outbound - Diagnostics
- 1 Do Not Call Lists
- 1.1 Settings
- 1.1.1 Properties tab
- 1.1.2 Contents tab
- 1.1.3 Log tab
- 1.1 Settings
- Case & Contact Management
- Call Center Configuration
- General Settings
- Integration Accounts
- Knowledge Base
- Hours of Operation
- State Calling Hours
- Auxiliary Skills
- Language Skills
- Audio Treatments
- Shared Voice Segments
- Omni-Channel Routing
- Chat Settings
- Email Settings
- Quality Management
- Agent Desktop Helper Application
- System Requirements
- Countries, Calling Codes, and Time Zones
- Setting Up Private S3 Storage
Do Not Call Lists
Do Not Call (DNC) lists contain data about destinations that may not be called during outbound calling campaigns. At the configuration stage, one or more DNC lists may be associated with a campaign. When the campaign is started, records from the campaign’s calling lists are checked against the DNC data, and if a match is found, the number or the entire record is skipped.
For more information about associating DNC lists with campaigns, see the description of the DNC screen of the outbound campaign settings.
To view and edit DNC lists, select the Do Not Call Lists option from the root menu.
When you click the button with the “+” sign to configure a new DNC list, you will be first prompted to select the list type. The set of properties that you will have to configure will depend in part on the DNC list type.
The Do Not Call Lists screen properties are organized into several tabs: Properties, Contents, and Log. The screen properties are described as follows.
Name is the name of the DNC list. A mandatory field, the name must be unique within the contact center.
Type is the type of this DNC list. It is mandatory, and once specified, it cannot be changed.
The following types of DNC lists are supported:
- Internal: A list of phone numbers created and maintained within your contact center; numbers are added to this list when agents participating in an outbound or blended service finish call processing with disposition Add to DNC; numbers in the calling records that match numbers in DNC lists of this type will not be dialed (but the record itself may continue to be used if it has other numbers in it)
- Geographic (Postal): A list of postal codes; if a postal code of a calling record matches a postal code in this type of DNC list, processing of this calling record within the given campaign will stop. Please note that for this type of DNC you need to have the proper country selected, and the phone numbers of calling lists used in the associated campaigns must start with a country code.
- Geographic (State/Province): A list of states/provinces; if the state/province info of a calling record matches a state/province in this type of DNC list, processing of this calling record within the given campaign will stop. Please note that for this type of DNC you need to have the proper country selected, and the phone numbers of calling lists used in the associated campaigns must start with a country code.
- Area codes: A list of area codes; if the area code of a phone number in a calling record matches an area code in this type of DNC list, this number will not be dialed (but the record itself may continue to be used if it has other numbers in it). DNC area codes can contain country code only if "Each area code has country prefix" option selected in Country setting, in other case (when Country is selected in DNC settings) area codes in this DNC list should not contain a country code.
- Record Exclusion: A list of identifiers of customer records in calling lists (e.g., customers’ account numbers); if a match is found, processing of this calling record within the given campaign will stop; note that DNC lists of this type can be updated periodically via FTP (see property Periodic Import below); the results of such periodic updates are displayed in the Log tab
List field to match
Select the calling list field that will be used as identifier of customer records that must not be dialed. This property is displayed only for DNC lists of the Record Exclusion type and contains list fields from all available calling list formats.
Country is the country whose postal codes or state/provinces that this DNC list shall contain. This property is displayed for DNCs of types Geographic (Postal), Geographic (State/Province), and Area Codes. Note that default country options include the United States and Japan.
These are the campaigns associated with this DNC list. Such association is typically established as part of campaign configuration. However, if you need to associate a new DNC list with an existing campaign, it may be more convenient to do it directly from this screen.
How to create a new DNC list with an existing campaign:
- Click add
- Select the desired Campaign from the drop-down menu
- Specify the Disposition that will be attached to the call attempts (in case of number match) or to completed records (in case of record match)
If the campaign is part of a campaign link group, the selected DNC list can be automatically applied to all other campaigns in the link group. To indicate that the list shall apply to all campaigns in the link group, select the add all linked campaigns checkbox.
When associating an internal DNC list, note that by default it will be possible to add new numbers to this list during the given campaign (e.g., upon request of the called party). If you wish to block this capability, deselect the append OK checkbox.
To associate a DNC list with all campaigns, click add all and select the desired disposition. To remove all previously established associations, click remove all.
Note that numbers are added to internal DNC lists in the context of active campaigns that the corresponding calls are associated with. Therefore:
- If you use multiple internal DNC lists associated with different campaigns, a number will be added only to the list(s) associated with the campaign within which the corresponding call was handled.
- If you use a blended service, you should keep the outbound portion of this service enabled at all times in order to correctly process the possible do-not-call requests of the customers who call back your campaign. If the outbound portion of your blended service is disabled, numbers will not be added in such situations.
These are the states/provinces whose phone records must be excluded from outbound campaigns associated with this DNC. This property is displayed for DNCs of type Geographic (State/Province) only. To add a state/province to this list, click add.
Parameters are specified for the periodic list import. These parameters apply to DNC lists of type Record Exclusion only.
To set up automatic periodic updates for this list, click edit.
In the dialog that appears:
- Specify the protocol (FTP or SFTP), URL with file name, FTP Username, and FTP Password.
- Select the Start date and time of the first update and specify the desired Import interval.
- Select the desired Update Policy (see the description of the List Update Wizard properties for more information about the update policies).
- Click OK.
Once the above parameters are defined, select the Enabled checkbox to activate periodic import.
You can also run import with the above settings at any time by clicking Run import now.
Parameters for daily list data reset. These parameters apply to DNC lists of type Record Exclusion only.
To enable periodic reset, select the Reset list data daily checkbox, and specify the desired Reset time.
List view shows the entire content of the DNC list. It is read-only. Note that the view will be different depending on the DNC list type.
- An Internal list displays the numbers, identifiers of the agents who added them, time and date when they were added, and campaigns during which they were added.
- A Geographical (Postal) list displays postal codes and possible free-text notes. To add a postal code to this list, click the “+” button at the bottom of tab view, specify the desired code in the Postal Code field, enter any additional information in the Notes field, and click Apply.
- An Area Codes list displays area codes and possible free-text notes. To add an area code to this list, click the “+” button at the bottom of tab view, specify the desired code in the Area Code field, enter any additional information in the Notes field, and click Apply.
- A Record Exclusion list displays values of the selected field that should lead to record exclusion when matched.
The Log tab is for DNC lists of type Record Exclusion only.
This is the time stamp of the operation.
File is the name of the imported/reset file.
The type of the operation is specified here.
Number of records
Number of records is the total number of successfully imported/reset records during this operation.
Operator is the username of the user who performed this operation.
The Notes field gives the operation result.
DNC list data is deleted from the calling list database automatically when the corresponding DNC list object is deleted from configuration. Current data of the DNC lists of type Record Exclusion is also deleted when the list is reset or updated with new content via periodic import (where applicable) with the update policy set to replace list data.