- General Information
- Selecting a Phone Device
- Logging into Agent Desktop
- Installing and Updating the Agent Desktop Helper Application
- User Interface Overview
- Understanding Screen-pop
- Configuring Your User Profile
- Configuring Your Voicemail
- Listening to Voicemail Messages
- Call Forwarding
- Getting Help
- How to Terminate Your Working Session
- When Your Browser Closes or Navigates Away
- Managing Your States
- How to Interpret Your Current State Information
- How to Make Yourself Ready
- How to Make Yourself Not Ready
- Handling Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming Call
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Send Numeric Information
- How to Use the Directory
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed Number
- How to Use Favorite Contacts
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a Call
- How to Wrap Up After Call Work
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Make a Consultation Call
- How to Transfer a Call
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a Conference
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop or Pause Call Recording
- Voice Signatures
- How to Schedule a Follow-up Activity
- How to Send SMS Messages
- Handling Service Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat Request
- Chat Messages
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat Session
- How to Create a Case from a Chat Session
- How to Flag a Chat Session
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and Documents
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video Chat
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- 1 How to Create and Edit Canned Chat Responses
- 2 Appending Canned Chat Responses
- How to End a Chat Session
- How to Send a Secure Form
- Handling Multiple Chat Sessions
- Handling Mobile Interactions
- Participating in an Outbound Campaign
- General Information About Outbound Campaigns
- How to Review a Calling Record
- How to Reject a Calling Record
- How to Reschedule a Call Attempt
- Using the Calendar
- Handling My Cases
- General Information About Handling My Cases (Email)
- Understanding Email Cases and Threads
- How to Accept an Email
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal Queue
- Overview of the Email Working Area
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- How to Mask Sensitive Data
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Change Default Email Font
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Use My Follow-ups to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Search Email Cases
- How to Print an Email
- How to Copy and Paste Images into Email
- General Information About Contacts
- Ways to Access Contacts
- How to Create a New Contact
- How to Edit to an Existing Contact
- Using Chat Center
- My Grades
- Knowledge Base
- General Information About Knowledge Base
- How to Use a Knowledge Base Article
- Contributing Content to the Knowledge Base
- Other Useful Functions
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ways to Request Assistance
- How to Report a Call Quality Problem
- How to Send Agent Desktop Application Logs to Your Administrator
- Error Messages
How to Create and Edit Canned Chat Responses
Canned chat responses are greetings that you send as standard to your customers. Creating canned chat responses can save agents time in that agents will not have to type in standard responses for every new chat (i.e., Hi, my name is .... How may I help you?). Such responses are guarantee that agents reply to customers in a standard way.
You can create your own canned chat responses as well as edit existing responses provided by your team or your contact center administrator.
To create new responses, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the desktop. Note that if you have uploaded a photo to your user profile, your photo will be shown instead of the Settings icon.
- Select the Chat Responses option. A list of the previously defined responses will appear.
- To define a new chat response, click the add option.
- Type the desired text in the editable field and click the OK to confirm.
To edit an existing chat response, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Chat Responses
- Select the item to edit. The text of the response will appear in an editable field.
- Select the for all agents checkbox if you wish to make this chat response available globally.
- Select the checkbox for the desired team(s) if you wish to make this chat response available to selected team(s).
- Make the desired changes and click OK to confirm. Note that you can also delete a response while in the Edit window.
To arrange your canned responses in folders, follow these steps:
- Click add folder.
- Enter a folder name.
- Click OK. The new folder will appear in the list.
- To open the folder, click its name.
Note that depending on your permissions, you may be able to make the chat responses that you create available to all agents in your contact center. If you have such permissions, you will see the for all agents checkbox in the Edit window.
The following variables can be used in canned chat responses:
- %AF – for agent’s first name
- %AL – for agent’s last name
- %F – for customer’s first name
- %L – for customer’s last name
Appending Canned Chat Responses
Once one or more canned chat responses (i.e., greetings) have been created and saved, agents or users working in the Agent Desktop application have the option of editing a canned response from within the chat window before it is sent. This capability allows agents to change a standard response to suit the customer's message or question, before the response is delivered to the customer.
For example, if your saved canned chat response is, Hello, how may I help you?, and your customer's message explicitly states what the customer needs (e.g., How do I change my login ID?), you should append your canned chat response to something more appropriate, such as, Thank you for your question. I can help you with that. Appending canned responses makes it easy to create a more relevant, personalized chat experience for your customers.
Step 1: Begin a chat.
Canned chat responses are edited from within the Text Input Field in the Agent Desktop application. When your chat interaction is in session, you can type in the chat box or insert a canned chat response (i.e., a greeting or message).
Step 2: Select a canned chat response.
- To select a canned chat response, click the Select predefined message icon .
- Select the desired greeting.
- The selected greeting will appear in the Text Input Field. Note that you can modify this message before sending it--this is called editing and appending a canned chat response.
- Click Send message or hit Enter.
If you have not already created any greetings, no greetings/canned chat responses will be displayed. You must create them before they can be edited in the chat window.
Step 3: Edit the canned chat response and append it to the chat.
- When you select the desired greeting, the greeting text will appear in the chat box.
- You can edit your canned chat response from within the Active Communications List window.
- Hit Enter to send the message to the customer.
The appended message is delivered to the customer.