- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Chat Center
- OverviewAccepting/Rejecting Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat RequestAudio/Video Chats
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video ChatCanned Responses
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat ResponsesCo-browsing
- How to Co-browse with Surfly Integration
- How to Co-browseCreating Cases
- How to Create a Case from a Chat SessionFlagging Chats
- How to Flag an InteractionFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat SessionForms
- How to Send a Secure FormMultiple Chats
- Handling Multiple Chat SessionsRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance in Chats
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Chat/SMS/Messaging Session
- How to Transfer a Remote Assistance Session to a Different Agent During a Chat SessionSending Chat Messages
- Chat Messages
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and Documents
- How to Send SMSTerminating the Chat
- How to End a Chat SessionTransfers
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Have an Audio Chat
During an active chat session, both you and your customers have the ability to initiate VoIP calls (i.e., audio only), allowing you to easily switch between chat and voice. Note: In order to have audio-only calls via chat, this setting must be enabled by your contact center administrator.
To initiate an audio chat with your customer, follow these steps:
- Click the headset icon , located in your Active Communications List (ACL).
- If your customer wants to initiate an audio chat, they may click the headset icon . Note: The background color of the button your customers see will vary depending on how your chat widget is configured.
- To end an audio chat, click on the telephone icon .
Switching from Audio-Only to Video Chat
If both VoIP and video chat are enabled, you may switch between, chat, audio, and video during an active chat session. Note: Video chat must always start as an audio-only chat, with the option to upgrade to video.
To intiate a video chat, follow these steps:
- Click the headset icon
- Next, click on the video on button
- If your customer wants to initiate a video chat, they must first click the headset icon , then the video on button.
For more information on how video chat works, see How to Have a Video Chat