- Contact Center Administrator Guide Introduction
- Contact Center Administrator IntroductionUser Interface
- Contact Center Administrator User InterfaceTutorials
- About TutorialsConcepts
- About ConceptsUsers and Teams
- Users & Teams SectionsDirectory
- Directory SectionsScenario Entries
- Scenario Entries SectionsScenarios
- About ScenariosWorkflows
- WorkflowsServices and Campaigns
- About Services & CampaignsLists
- ListsDo Not Call Lists
- Do Not Call ListsTasks
- Tasks SectionsCase & Contact Management
- Case & Contact Management Sections
- Call Center Configuration SectionsQuality Management
- Quality Management SectionsReporting
- Reporting SectionsCustom
- Custom SectionsSecurity
- Security SectionsApplication Notes
- Application NotesAppendices
Case categories are the optional labels that may be applied to email messages that are opened on Agent Desktop. Categories help agents to associate each case with a particular topic or level of support.
There are no default categories, as case categories are uniquely named and added to each contact center in this section of Contact Center Administrator. If no case categories are added here, there will be no available categories to apply to email messages in cases.
Note: Some service configuration changes that affect agent behavior are not picked up dynamically by Agent Desktop. Thus, after making any changes to case categories, we recommend that all affected logged-in agents refresh their browser page.
How to Add a Case Category
- Click add.
- Type the desired name of the category.
- Select the green checkmark.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Agents working on open emails will be able to select from these categories using the Select Category drop-down selector.