Current Usage Reports
Your service provider may make carrier usage reports available to you. These reports provide information about the usage of carriers' resources by your contact center. If these reports are available, you can download them via the Reports > Telco Usage menu of the Contact Center Administrator application. You will be able to download and review carrier usage data for completed reporting/billing intervals (Statements) as well as for the current reporting interval before it is complete (Current Usage).
Note: Depending on the Service Provider practices, at the end of the reporting period usage data collected by the Bright Pattern Contact Center system may be verified against the data received from the carrier and reconciled if necessary. Thus, the Current Usage data is not reconciled and is subject to change upon verification against the data received from the carrier at the end of the reporting interval. On the other hand, Statements typically contain reconciled data.
Summary and Detail Reports
Reports are available in two formats: summary and detail.
The summary report aggregates usage by billable access numbers assigned to your contact center. For each number, the following information is shown:
- Carrier's name
- Total number of inbound calls received via this number
- Total number of minutes in the above inbound calls
- Total number of outbound calls where this number was used as the caller ID
- Total number of minutes in the above outbound calls
- Total number of inbound SMS messages received via this number
- Total number of outbound SMS messages where this number was used as the caller ID
The detailed report shows details of every inbound and outbound call made by your contact center, as well as details of all received and sent SMS messages. For each interaction, the following information is shown:
- Carrier's name
- Start date and time
- Caller ID (field from number)
- DNIS (field to number)
- Duration (for SMS messages this field will be left blank)
- Direction - inbound or outbound (for SMS, it will show inbound SMS or outbound SMS)
- Access number billed by the carrier for this interaction
Note: Call duration is reported in minutes rounded to one decimal place. Rounding is performed using formula (# of seconds + 5) / 6 and discarding the fraction. For example, the actual duration of 4 seconds will be reported as 0.1 minutes in usage reports. The actual duration of 7 seconds will be reported as 0.2 minutes.