From Bright Pattern Documentation
< 5.8:Agent-guide | Tutorials | Chat
How to Have an Audio Chat
During an active chat session, both you and your customers have the ability to initiate VoIP calls (i.e., audio only), allowing you to easily switch between chat and voice. Note: In order to have audio-only calls via chat, this setting must be enabled by your contact center administrator.
To initiate an audio chat with your customer, follow these steps:
- Click the headset icon , located in your Active Communications List (ACL).
- If your customer wants to initiate an audio chat, they may click the headset icon . Note: The background color of the button your customers see will vary depending on how your chat widget is configured.
- To end an audio chat, click on the telephone icon .
Switching from Audio-Only to Video Chat
If both VoIP and video chat are enabled, you may switch between, chat, audio, and video during an active chat session. Note: Video chat must always start as an audio-only chat, with the option to upgrade to video.
To intiate a video chat, follow these steps:
- Click the headset icon
- Next, click on the video on button
- If your customer wants to initiate a video chat, they must first click the headset icon , then the video on button.
For more information on how video chat works, see How to Have a Video Chat