- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Chat Center
- OverviewAccepting/Rejecting Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat RequestAudio/Video Chats
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video ChatCanned Responses
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat ResponsesCo-browsing
- Co-browsingCreating Cases
- How to Create a Case from a Chat SessionFlagging Chats
- How to Flag an InteractionFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat SessionForms
- How to Send a Secure FormMultiple Chats
- Handling Multiple Chat SessionsSending Chat Messages
- Chat Messages
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and DocumentsTerminate the Chat
- How to End a Chat SessionTransfers
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Reject a Chat Request
Typically, you will indicate your temporary unavailability to receive service chat interactions by changing your status to Not Ready while handling a previous interaction. However, if a chat request was delivered to your desktop before you had a chance to make yourself Not Ready, you have an option to reject this request.
To reject a chat request, click the Reject button in the chat alert pop-up window.
If you have no other chat sessions in progress, then after rejecting a new chat request, you will be automatically switched to the Not Ready state. If you have other chat sessions in progress, then after rejecting a new chat request, you will remain in the Busy state, and you will be automatically switched to the Not Ready state after finishing those chats. In either case, you will need to make yourself manually Ready when you are ready to receive new chat requests.
Note: Rejected chat requests will appear in your performance and activity reports.