- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and Transfers
- 1.1 Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer Window
- 1.2 Consultation Calls
- 1.3 Conference Calls
- 1.4 Blind Transfers
- 1.5 Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Make Consultations and Transfers
If your contact center accepts calls, occasionally you will need to transfer calls, conduct conference calls, or consult other agents or managers while on an active call. This article shows you how to use the Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer feature while on an active call.
Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer Window
From this window, you may do the following:
- Scroll down and select a recipient from the list of available agents.
- Use the search bar to enter the name or number of the agent you want to transfer the call to.
- In the number field, enter the phone number or extension of the party you are transferring the call to.
A consultation call is a call you make to another agent or manager with respect to an active customer call on your desktop. Making consultations allows you to ask others questions while keeping your caller on hold.
To make a consultation call, click on the Initiate transfer or conference button; this pops the Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer window. After the extension or phone number is entered in the number field, click on the dropdown menu and select the dial button; you will dial the phone number or extension in the number field but the call will not be transferred.
A conference call is a call where more than one party is actively on a call; conference calls can be useful if your caller wants to speak with a manager.
To make a conference call, click the Initiate transfer or conference button; this pops the Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer window. After the extension or phone number is entered in the number field, click on the dropdown menu and select the dial as conference button. From here, all parties will be active on the call.
Recent conference calls can be seen in the Recent list, displayed as the word "Conference"; when you hover your cursor over the word, the contact cards of all parties on the call are displayed.
A blind transfer is when an agent passes a call to another phone number or extension without knowing if the call will be actively received. Blind transfers are useful when callers need to speak with specific agents or departments.
To initiate a blind transfer, click on the Initiate transfer or conference button; this pops the Consult, Conference, Blind Transfer window. After the extension or phone number is entered in the number field, click the blind transfer button; the phone call will transfer and the interaction will be completed.
For blind transfers, the name and phone number of the caller will be displayed and stored in the Recent list.
Note that conference calls, consultations, and blind transfers can be made using keyboard shortcuts. The shortcuts are as follows:
- First, to initiate a transfer or conference, select Alt-Shift-T
- To make a blind transfer, select Alt-Shift-B
- To make a consultation call, select Alt-Shift-D
- To make a conference call, select Alt-Shift-C