- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls and Using the Dial Pad
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Participate in a Conference
A conference is a portion of a call where three or more parties can talk to each other simultaneously. The party that turns a regular two-way call into a three-way conference by connecting a third participant becomes the conference host. (For more information about being a conference host, see How to Host a Conference Call.) The other two parties in such a three-way conference become regular conference participants.
As a conference participant, you can do any of the following:
- See all other conference participants in the Contact Info Panel and talk to all of them.
- Add new participants to the conference.
- Leave the conference at any time.
Adding New Participants
To add a new participant to the conference, follow these steps:
- Place your conference call on hold and make a consultation call to the desired new party. See How to Make a Consultation Call for more information.
- After making sure that the consultation party can join the conference, click the Merge button .
Leaving a Conference
The conference host can disconnect you from the conference at any time. The conference host can also end the conference for all participants in one step. For more information about conference host’s privileges, see How to Host a Conference Call.