Start a Conference Call
You can use the singleStepConference method to have a logged-in agent transfer and add another party to his or her active call. For more information about conferencing, see the Contact Center Administrator Guide, section How to Host a Conference.
The singleStepConference method can be attached to a web element, such as a button, on your webpage. When clicked, the button will process the API method. Add a field to enter the phone number of the third party to be included in the conference.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Attach singleStepConference to a button
- Add a field to enter the phone number of the party to be dialed
In this sample code, the methods are attached to button elements.
Copy this sample code for pasting into your HTML file. This is the bare minimum that you need for the SDK to work. Make sure you replace "<tenant>" with the name of your Agent Desktop web server (e.g., "example.brightpattern.com").
There are many ways to style your page elements and Agent Desktop widget display. The following is provided for example purposes only.
- Paste the
sample code into the body of your HTML file.
- Save and open the page in your web browser. Make sure the agent is logged in and "Ready."
- The call comes in.
- The agent answers.
- Enter the phone number (e.g., "1020") of the person who you want to include in the conference, and click Single Step Conference to dial it.
- When the other person accepts the call, the conference begins and you see all parties in the Active Conversations List.