- Agent Guide Introduction
- AudienceGeneral Information
- Selecting a Phone Device
- Logging into Agent Desktop
- Installing and Updating the Agent Desktop Helper Application
- User Interface Overview
- Understanding Screen-pop
- Configuring Your User Profile
- Configuring Your Voicemail
- Listening to Voicemail Messages
- Call Forwarding
- Getting Help
- How to Terminate Your Working Session
- When Your Browser Closes or Navigates AwayManaging Your States
- How to Interpret Your Current State Information
- How to Make Yourself Ready
- How to Make Yourself Not ReadyConversations
- General Information About ConversationsHandling Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming Call
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Send Numeric Information
- How to Use the Directory
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed Number
- How to Use Favorite Contacts
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a Call
- How to Wrap Up After Call Work
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Make a Consultation Call
- How to Transfer a Call
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a Conference
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop or Pause Call Recording
- Voice Signatures
- How to Schedule a Follow-up Activity
- How to Send SMS MessagesHandling Service Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat Request
- Chat Messages
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat Session
- How to Create a Case from a Chat Session
- How to Flag a Chat Session
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and Documents
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video Chat
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat Responses
- How to End a Chat Session
- How to Send a Secure Form
- Handling Multiple Chat Sessions
- Co-browsingHandling Mobile Interactions
- General Information About Mobile Interactions
- Mobile Chat
- Mobile Voice
- Mobile VideoParticipating in an Outbound Campaign
- General Information About Outbound Campaigns
- How to Review a Calling Record
- How to Reject a Calling Record
- How to Reschedule a Call AttemptUsing the Calendar
- How to Open the Calendar
- Calendar Views
- How to Schedule an Event
- How to Edit Existing Events
- RemindersHandling My Cases
- General Information About Handling My Cases (Email)
- Understanding Email Cases and Threads
- How to Accept an Email
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal Queue
- Overview of the Email Working Area
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- How to Mask Sensitive Data
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Change Default Email Font
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Use My Follow-ups to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Search Email Cases
- How to Print an Email
- How to Copy and Paste Images into EmailContacts
- General Information About Contacts
- Ways to Access Contacts
- How to Create a New Contact
- How to Edit to an Existing ContactUsing Chat Center
- How to Use Personal Chat
- How to Use Group Chat My Grades
- General Information About My Grades
- My Grades ViewsKnowledge Base
- General Information About Knowledge Base
- How to Use a Knowledge Base Article
- Contributing Content to the Knowledge BaseOther Useful Functions
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ways to Request Assistance
- How to Report a Call Quality Problem
- How to Send Agent Desktop Application Logs to Your AdministratorError Messages
- List of Error Messages
You can use the call forwarding function to redirect incoming calls that you cannot answer to another designated number where they are more likely to be answered. You can specify the forwarding number and activate/deactivate call forwarding via your Agent Desktop application at any time.
Note that call forwarding only works for direct calls, and it is always turned off for queued calls. Queued calls are always directed to the phone number that you are logged in with (even if forwarding is configured for that number).
Forward all calls for ext…
This checkbox indicates whether call forwarding is activated for your phone extension.
Note that call forwarding takes priority over voicemail. If you have had voicemail enabled (see below), activation of call forwarding will automatically disable the voicemail function.
The to field represents the phone number to which incoming calls will be forwarded. The phone number must be specified if the Forward all calls to ext… checkbox is selected.
Forward on no answer after
Forward on no answer after is the time (in seconds) after which incoming calls will be forwarded to the number specified if you are logged on and do not answer. The amount of time must be specified if the Forward all calls to ext… checkbox is selected. For immediate (unconditional) forwarding, set the timeout to 0.
If you are busy or logged out, incoming calls will be forwarded to the specified number immediately, regardless of this setting.
The Enable voicemail checkbox indicates whether the voicemail function is enabled for you.
Note that call forwarding takes priority over voicemail. The voicemail function cannot be enabled if the you already have call forwarding activated. If you have had voicemail enabled, a temporary activation of call forwarding will automatically disable the voicemail function; however, the voicemail configuration (the No Answer timeout and current greeting) will be preserved and will take effect as soon as call forwarding is deactivated.
Send to voicemail after
Send to voicemail after is the time in seconds after which an incoming call will be forwarded to voicemail if you are logged on and do not pick up the call. The amount of time must be specified if the Enable voicemail checkbox is selected.
If you are busy or logged out, incoming calls will be sent to the user’s voicemail immediately, regardless of this setting.
Use the following greeting for voicemail
This option lets you upload or record up to three different personal voicemail greetings and select which one should be used. For more information, see section Configuring Your Voicemail of the Agent Guide.
How to Configure and/or Activate Call Forwarding
- Click Settings, select User Profile, and click the Forwarding and Voicemail tab.
- Use Forward all calls for ext… to to specify the forwarding number.
- Use Forward on no answer after to specify the no-answer timeout (i.e., the time in seconds after which an incoming call will be forwarded when you are logged in and cannot answer it). When you are logged out or if you are logged in with option No phone, incoming calls will be forwarded immediately regardless of this setting.
- Select the Forward all calls for ext… checkbox. The forwarding function is now activated.
Your personal call forwarding settings will work for all phone device options except internal phone and default phone. For internal phone and default phone, forwarding settings configured for the corresponding hardphone numbers will be applied. You can check those settings with your system administrator.
All call forwarding settings can be preconfigured for you and changed at any time by your system administrator. This includes the forwarding number, the no-answer timeout, and activation and deactivation of the forwarding function.
Call forwarding settings take priority over the voicemail settings. A temporary activation of call forwarding will automatically disable the voicemail function; however, your existing voicemail configuration (the no-answer timeout and current greeting) will be preserved and will take effect as soon as call forwarding is deactivated.