- Agent Guide Introduction
- AudienceGeneral Information
- Selecting a Phone Device
- Logging into Agent Desktop
- Installing and Updating the Agent Desktop Helper Application
- User Interface Overview
- Understanding Screen-pop
- Configuring Your User Profile
- Configuring Your Voicemail
- Listening to Voicemail Messages
- Call Forwarding
- Getting Help
- How to Terminate Your Working Session
- When Your Browser Closes or Navigates AwayManaging Your States
- How to Interpret Your Current State Information
- How to Make Yourself Ready
- How to Make Yourself Not ReadyConversations
- General Information About ConversationsHandling Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming Call
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Send Numeric Information
- How to Use the Directory
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed Number
- How to Use Favorite Contacts
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a Call
- How to Wrap Up After Call Work
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Make a Consultation Call
- How to Transfer a Call
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a Conference
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop or Pause Call Recording
- Voice Signatures
- How to Schedule a Follow-up Activity
- How to Send SMS MessagesHandling Service Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat Request
- Chat Messages
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat Session
- How to Create a Case from a Chat Session
- How to Flag a Chat Session
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and Documents
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video Chat
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat Responses
- How to End a Chat Session
- How to Send a Secure Form
- Handling Multiple Chat Sessions
- Co-browsingHandling Mobile Interactions
- General Information About Mobile Interactions
- Mobile Chat
- Mobile Voice
- Mobile VideoParticipating in an Outbound Campaign
- General Information About Outbound Campaigns
- How to Review a Calling Record
- How to Reject a Calling Record
- How to Reschedule a Call AttemptUsing the Calendar
- How to Open the Calendar
- Calendar Views
- How to Schedule an Event
- How to Edit Existing Events
- RemindersHandling My Cases
- General Information About Handling My Cases (Email)
- Understanding Email Cases and Threads
- How to Accept an Email
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal Queue
- Overview of the Email Working Area
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- How to Mask Sensitive Data
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Change Default Email Font
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Use My Follow-ups to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Search Email Cases
- How to Print an Email
- How to Copy and Paste Images into EmailContacts
- General Information About Contacts
- Ways to Access Contacts
- How to Create a New Contact
- How to Edit to an Existing ContactUsing Chat Center
- How to Use Personal Chat
- How to Use Group Chat My Grades
- General Information About My Grades
- My Grades ViewsKnowledge Base
- General Information About Knowledge Base
- How to Use a Knowledge Base Article
- Contributing Content to the Knowledge BaseOther Useful Functions
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ways to Request Assistance
- How to Report a Call Quality Problem
- How to Send Agent Desktop Application Logs to Your AdministratorError Messages
- List of Error Messages
Dispositions and Notes
Dispositions are custom interaction results defined by your contact center management. When handling a service interaction, you may be required to select one of the dispositions that define the outcome of the interaction. If dispositions are defined for the services that you provide, the Contact Info Panel of your Agent Desktop will display the Disposition Selector for every associated service interaction.
If you are required to set dispositions, you will receive detailed instructions for their use from your system administrator. Learn more about dispositions and how they are managed in the Contact Center Administrator Guide.
In addition to dispositions, you can also enter free-form text notes to provide more information about the outcome of the interaction.
How to Enter Dispositions and Notes
To enter a disposition for an interaction and/or related notes, follow these steps:
- At any time during the interaction with the customer or while in the After Call Work state, click the Disposition selector.
- From the drop-down menu, select the disposition that corresponds to the result of the interaction. Some dispositions specific to outbound campaigns may require additional parameters, such as scheduling of another call attempt. If such parameters are required, they will be displayed in the Contact Info Panel.
- If necessary, enter free-form notes in the text field.
- Continue to process the interaction normally. For more information about finishing interactions, see How to Release a Call and How to Wrap Up After-call Work.
Note: If you use a custom form in the Context Information Area for processing data related to a specific call, both the Disposition Selector and the Notes field may appear in that form instead of the Contact Info Panel.
Other Uses for Dispositions
If configured for your contact center, a disposition can be used to trigger a workflow, an automated series of events that are initiated when an interaction is completed.
Workflows automate what happens after the conversation is done and will handle any necessary follow-ups, depending on the interaction’s disposition type. Such follow-up actions include setting context variables, sending an email, sending a text message, scheduling an event, clearing a scheduled event, and making a request. Workflows help to reduce your workload by following up with customers and gathering data in a consistent way.
For example, setting a particular disposition for an interaction could trigger the following series of events to happen:
- Send a survey to the customer
- Wait a specified amount of time (e.g., 30 minutes, 1 day, 1 week, etc.)
- Send a follow-up email to the customer.
Using Dispositions to Request That Content Be Erased
Starting with Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.2, you can use a disposition to request that content from a specific interaction be erased. This capability was added to meet PCI DSS 3.2 and GDPR requirements, which specify that sensitive data (e.g., credit card information) may not be stored in your contact center, even if it is encrypted. As such, Bright Pattern allows for the manual deleting of data that is stored in voice recordings, voice recording transcripts, chat transcripts, email messages, screen recordings, and so forth.
You can request that such data be erased, but only your system administrator can erase it.
What to Do
- If such a disposition is enabled for your contact center, you can disposition an interaction with a request to erase content, provided that you give a reason. Note that the name of the disposition is determined by your contact center. If you do not know which disposition to select, contact your supervisor or system administrator.
- In the Notes field, provide the reason for the request and enter additional details about the interaction. Then complete the interaction.
- The disposition will initiate a workflow that sends your system administrator an internal message with the request. The unique identifier tells the administrator which interaction is affected, and he or she can review the interaction and the request.