- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite Contacts
- 1.1 Storing Contacts
- 1.2 Adding and Updating Contacts
- 1.3 Calling Your Personal Favorites
- 1.4 Removing Favorites
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls and Using the Dial Pad
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Use Favorite Contacts
If agents have the privilege Use Favorites tab, agents can mark contacts as favorites, so that the most-called customers remain accessible while agents are working in Agent Desktop.
You can store up to 50 frequently called contacts in your personal Favorite Contacts list.
To store a contact in your Favorites, follow these steps:
- Select the desired contact from the Directory or Recent tab, or enter it manually in the Number Input Field. The contact will appear in the Contact Info Panel.
- Hold your cursor over the contact's name in the list, and click the button that appears. The button will change its appearance to .
- If this is an existing contact from the Directory, it will be immediately added to your personal favorite contacts list. Note that you cannot change the names of directory contacts.
- If this contact is not from the directory, you may add the contact as a new record by providing a name, photo, and email address (if any). Note that if you do not enter a display name for the contact, the name will be shown as "Anonymous" by default.
Adding and Updating Contacts
You can also add a contact to your favorites while having an active call or chat with this contact.
You can change information about your favorite contacts (unless they are Directory contacts) at any time. To change the information, select the contact and click Edit.
Calling Your Personal Favorites
To make calls to the contacts in your personal favorite contacts list, follow these steps:
- Click the Favorites tab.
- Select the contact you wish to call. The contact will appear in the Number Input Field.
- If necessary, select the service as described in section How to Make an Outbound Call.
- Click the Initiate call button.