- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Answer an Incoming Call
When a call is delivered to your desktop, you will hear a ringing tone in your headset and you will see a call alert pop-up window indicating an incoming call.
Call Alert Window
The call alert window will display relevant data that is dependent on the type of call.
- If the incoming call is a service call, the call alert window will display the service name to which the call was made.
- If the incoming call is an internal call from another agent or a supervisor, the call alert window will display the name and extension number of the calling party.
There are two buttons: Accept and Reject.
- To answer the call, click the Accept button.
- The Active Communications List will display the inbound call icon indicating that the call is now established and the timer for this call will start.
For service calls, depending on your contact center configuration, you may hear an announcement of the service number to which the call was made. The calling party will not hear this announcement.
You can now greet the calling party and begin a conversation.
Note: If you do not answer a ringing service call within a predefined amount of time, you will be automatically switched to the Not Ready state. You will receive a clear indication for the reason of being in the Not Ready state and will need to make yourself manually Ready when you are ready to receive another call. Unanswered service calls will appear in your performance and activity reports.