- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Make an Internal Call
Internal calls are calls you make to other agents and supervisors of your call center, as well as other employees that may be connected to your phone system.
Follow these steps to make an internal call.
- In the Number Input Field, enter the extension number of the party you would like to call. To enter the number, you can use either the numeric keys of your keyboard or the Dial Pad tab . Note that you can also use the Recent Contacts, Directory, and Favorites to make calls to known internal contacts. In addition, you can click the click-to-call icon that appears next to contacts in your directory upon mousing over the contact's name.
- If the internal call you are making is associated with a particular service that you provide, click the drop-down menu below the Number Input Field, and select the desired service. Otherwise, choose None.
- Click the Initiate call button .
If the called party is available, you will hear the ring back tone in your headset, and you will see a blinking outgoing call icon in the Active Communications List. When the called party answers, the outgoing call icon will stop blinking, indicating that the call is now established.
Note: Depending on your previous actions, instead of the Initiate call button , you may see the Initiate single-step conference button . This button is used to set up a conference with another active call on your desktop. In absence of another active call, this button can be used in the same way as the Initiate call button.