- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Reject an Incoming Call
Typically, you will indicate your temporary unavailability to receive service calls by changing your state to Not Ready while handling a previous interaction. However, if a call was delivered to your desktop before you had a chance to make yourself Not Ready, you have an option to reject this call.
To reject a call that is ringing at your desktop, click the Reject button in the call alert pop-up window.
If you reject a service call, it may be returned to the service queue to be answered by another agent.
If you reject an internal call, the calling party will get the busy tone indicating that you are unavailable at the moment.
After rejecting a service call, you will be automatically switched to the Not Ready state. You will receive a clear indication for the reason of being in the Not Ready state and you will have to make yourself Ready manually when you are ready to receive another call.
Note: Rejected service calls will appear in your performance and activity reports.