- Contact Center Administrator Guide Introduction
- Contact Center Administrator IntroductionUser Interface
- Contact Center Administrator User InterfaceTutorials
- About TutorialsConcepts
- About ConceptsUsers and Teams
- Users & Teams SectionsDirectory
- Directory SectionsScenario Entries
- Scenario Entries SectionsScenarios
- About ScenariosWorkflows
- WorkflowsServices and Campaigns
- About Services & CampaignsLists
- ListsDo Not Call Lists
- Do Not Call ListsTasks
- Tasks SectionsCase & Contact Management
- Case & Contact Management SectionsCall Center Configuration
- Call Center Configuration Sections
- General Settings
- Integration Accounts
- Bot / Chat suggestions engine
- External Knowledge Base
- Loxysoft WFM
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Natural Language Understanding
- Next Caller
- Single Sign-On
- Speech To Text
- Statistics Data Receiver
- Text To Speech
- The Data Group (TDG)
- Knowledge Base
- Hours of Operation
- State Calling Hours
- Auxiliary Skills
- Language Skills
- Audio Treatments
- Shared Voice Segments
- Omni-Channel Routing
- Chat Settings
- Email SettingsQuality Management
- Quality Management SectionsReporting
- Reporting SectionsCustom
- Custom SectionsSecurity
- Security SectionsApplication Notes
- Application NotesAppendices
External Knowledge Base Integration
Integration an external knowledge base (KB) enables your Agent Desktop application to use and search a third-party KB. You can search external KB topics, submit new topics, and so forth. The external KB can be enabled as the exclusive KB for Agent Desktop or as a supplementary provider only.
At this time, Bright Pattern integrates with Synthetix. When you add an integration account of type External Knowledge Base, the Synthetix Url will be filled in automatically (see Properties below), and you will add the other credentials for your Synthetix account.
Note that integration accounts of this type are only available to your contact center if they are enabled for your contact center by your system administrator. If External Knowledge Base is not listed as an integration account type, the feature is not enabled for your contact center.
The properties of the External Knowledge Base type of integration account are described as follows.
The default value for Url is https://api.syn-finity.com/1.1/
The Consumer Key is the consumer key for Synthetix.
The Application Key is the application key for Synthetix.
Use as exclusive KB
Select the checkbox for Use as exclusive KB if you wish the corresponding API to search KB topics, submit new topics, and so forth. If Use as exclusive KB is not checked, the external KB will be used as a supplementary provider only (i.e., Agent Desktop will try to use the native KB first and search the external KB if nothing is found in the native KB).
When the Test Connection button is clicked, the Test Connection Portal executes GET <URL>/external/views as described at https://www.synthetix.com/api/documentation.