From Bright Pattern Documentation
Phone Devices Overview
Bright Pattern Contact Center software supports a variety of phone devices for your agents to use as well as the ability for administrators to configure access to these devices. In order to promote maximum efficiency in your contact center, you may find it helpful to streamline the available phone device options.
The following phone device configuration tutorials are based on likely use cases for your contact center; they include the following:
- Ensuring a Secure Voice Channel for Agents
- Using Bright Pattern Contact Center Software with a Chromebook
- Faster Agent Onboarding Using Browser Audio as a Phone
- Enforcing Screen Recording and Monitoring
- Diagnosing Agent Phone Connection Problems
Note: The following functionalities are not supported unless the BPClient plugin is installed:
- Screen monitoring (i.e., a supervisor must have the plugin enabled on their computer in order to monitor)
- Screen recording
- The GUI popup for inbound interactions (i.e., outside of the web browser window)
- Client-side diagnostic logging (i.e., BPClient.log)
- Audio notifications through all audio devices (e.g., ringing on all devices)
- The Simplified Desktop .NET API
- Business user presence detection (i.e., system input activity tracking)
- The G.729 codec
- For Salesforce.com integrations, the CTI phone in Salesforce Classic
- In order to use screen monitoring, both users (i.e., the host of the monitoring and monitored user) should have the BPClient plugin installed.
- If you are using the WebRTC phone device option, please see WebRTC Considerations.