- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls and Using the Dial Pad
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
Sometimes you may have to transfer a service call to a queue. This may be necessary, for example, if the caller has mistakenly selected a wrong service option during the interactive voice response (IVR) phase of the call, and you need to redirect his call to the team that can better help with his service request. Transfers of calls to service queues are called blind or single-step transfers because they do not involve consultation calls.
To make a blind transfer, follow these steps:
- Select the desired queue from the Directory or enter its number in the Number Input Field.
- Click the Blind button .
Upon completion of a blind transfer, the call will be placed in the selected service queue and you will be disconnected from this call. The call will disappear from your Active Communications List, and your state will change from Busy to Ready.
Note: Blind transfers to specific agent’s extensions are also possible and can be used, for example, when the caller prefers to speak to a particular person and does not mind leaving a voicemail message if that person happens to be unavailable to take his call.