- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
Some types of contact center services may involve connecting an interactive voice response (IVR) application to your conversation with the customer. Such applications can be used, for example, to authenticate customers using their personal identification numbers or collect payment card information.
To connect an IVR application, follow these steps:
- Place your original service call on hold.
- Select the desired application from the Directory or enter its number in the Number Input Field.
- Click the Call button.
- Once the IVR application is connected, click the Merge button to set up a conference. You will see both the customer’s name/number and the name of the IVR application in the Contact Info Panel.
Note: Because the application will be connected to your service call in the conference mode, you will continue to be an active participant of this call. To let the IVR application and the customer communicate without any possible audio interference, consider muting your microphone for the duration of customer’s interaction with the application.
Under normal circumstances, the IVR application will disconnect from the conference automatically after finishing its function (e.g., after playing all the required voice prompts and/or collecting all the necessary data). However, in case of any difficulties (e.g., the customer is confused about the prompts and needs more instruction), you can disconnect the IVR application at any time.
To disconnect the IVR application, mouse over its name in the Contact Info Panel, and click the red disconnect icon. You can now talk to the customer, provide the necessary instructions, and connect the IVR application again when the customer is ready.
For more information about conference controls, see How to Host a Conference Call.