- Contact Center Administrator Guide Introduction
- Contact Center Administrator IntroductionUser Interface
- Contact Center Administrator User InterfaceTutorials
- About TutorialsConcepts
- About Concepts
- Users & Teams SectionsDirectory
- Directory SectionsScenario Entries
- Scenario Entries SectionsScenarios
- About ScenariosWorkflows
- WorkflowsServices and Campaigns
- About Services & CampaignsLists
- ListsDo Not Call Lists
- Do Not Call ListsTasks
- Tasks SectionsCase & Contact Management
- Case & Contact Management SectionsCall Center Configuration
- Call Center Configuration SectionsQuality Management
- Quality Management SectionsReporting
- Reporting SectionsCustom
- Custom SectionsSecurity
- Security SectionsApplication Notes
- Application NotesAppendices
What Is Conversational IVR?
Bright Pattern’s conversational IVR is an interactive voice response (IVR) solution that leverages integrated chatbots and speech recognition technologies for self-service. Unlike traditional IVRs that prompt callers to select from menu options, a conversational IVR lets customers choose the path they prefer by simply saying what they want. Callers can interact naturally in their own words, eliminating the need to memorize options.
Powered by integrations with Amazon, Google, GoVivace, and IBM, conversational IVR utilizes speech-to-text (STT) technology, text-to-speech (TTS) technology, Natural Language Processing, and Natural Language Understanding to learn about customer behavior, collect data, and deliver insights based on what customers say. Using collected data, the conversational IVR can learn and be improved and updated continually through the voice of the customer.
Benefits to using conversational IVR include:
- No options for callers to memorize and select
- Gain insights on what customers want, in their own words
- Learn what phrases and keywords customers use, as well as what they expect after certain responses
- Lead callers to desired outcomes--drive them toward premium products and services
Conversational IVR can help contact centers to resolve issues quickly, reduce abandonment, and provide self-service that customers actually like.
How to Use It
Conversational IVR is implemented in voice scenarios using the Play-Listen scenario block and integration accounts. For more information, see these Bright Pattern tutorials and articles: