To ensure normal operation of your Bright Pattern-based contact center, the computers of your Agent Desktop users and your data network shall conform to the following system requirements:
Other Requirements and Considerations
|Hardphones (if used)||
SIP VoIP phones with Power over Ethernet if possible (recommended models: Polycom SoundPoint IP series)
Tested with FileZilla, Bitvise SSH, Microsoft Windows default FTP server, OS X built-in SFTP
Tested with Postfix/Dovecot, Google.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com, Mail.ru, Yandex.ru
- On the client side, the G.729 codec is supported for hardphones only.
- Bandwidth varies greatly depending on the number of screens, screen resolution, intensity of screen changes, and some other factors. The estimate is provided for a single-screen computer with 1200 x 1600 screen resolution running typical office applications (low intensity of screen changes).
- See the previous footnote.
- For version 5.0, the default configuration for Agent Server has changed: HTTPS is enabled on 8445 by default, and HTTP is enabled on 8444 by default (this is for lab usage only without HTTPS). The default configuration template for Agent Server has changed to allow only HTTPS on 8445 (no unsecure HTTP).
- The ports are not needed if nginx or other reverse proxy is deployed on server side. If internet access is not opened directly but requires outbound HTTP proxy configured in browser settings, some Agent Desktop Helper functionality, like customized alert sounds, may not be available.
- The Agent Desktop Helper Application, which implements the SIP softphone function, will try to open this port automatically during installation. This attempt will normally succeed for the Windows native firewall. If a third-party firewall is used, this port may have to be opened manually.
- The combination of the round-trip time of both call legs, as measured by ping utility, must be ideally under 300 ms (i.e., the delay becomes noticeable in conversation) and not more than 500 ms (i.e., the delay is unbearable, and parties keep talking on top of each other). Taking into account that in most of Bright Pattern's clusters PSTN trunks are less than a 60 ms round trip away from their servers, the round trip from agents to Bright Pattern's servers must be ideally under 240 ms and not more than 440 ms. If you are deploying your own carrier's trunks with Bright Pattern, take an effort to measure latency between the trunks and Bright Pattern's servers, then subtract it from the 300 to 500 ms figures above.
- The Agent Desktop Helper Application periodically compares actual jitter and packet loss values with these thresholds. Whenever a threshold is exceeded, Agent Desktop displays the following text to the logged-in user: A problem with voice quality is detected, please check your network connection. The message is removed automatically when metric values go back to normal. The minimum duration of the message display is 5 seconds.
- In general, Agent Desktop will work with any headset that is compatible with supported operating systems. However, neither analog (3.5 mm) nor wireless (Bluetooth) headsets can be recommended for a production contact center environment because of a higher probability of speech qualtiy issues.
- Starting from Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.3.0, the Agent Desktop application with a logged-in user will prevent the computer from going into Sleep mode by the inactivity timeout. This feature does not affect the user's ability to put the computer in Sleep mode manually (e.g., via the Power menu option or by closing the laptop lid). The auto-logout prevention behavior is enabled by default and applies to all of your computers running Agent Desktop on both Windows and Mac OS. Your service provider can disable the auto-logout prevention behavior for your contact center.
- Bright Pattern Contact Center software supports all Chromebooks with the current auto-update policy; however, the Agent Desktop application might work on older machines. Some call center functions as well as web browsing may fail occasionally (e.g., calling is possible using the Samsung XE303-C12 version, but the Chrome web browser version on that device cannot be upgraded). We recommend testing devices you like before deploying a particular Chromebook to agents.
Please note that it is not possible to install the Agent Desktop Helper Application on a Chromebook, therefore, the functions available via the Helper won't be available. These functions are:
- Screen monitoring (i.e., a user can monitor others, but they cannot be monitored)
- Screen recording
- The GUI popup for inbound interactions (i.e., outside of the web browser window)
- Client-side diagnostic logging (i.e., BPClient.log)
- Audio notifications through all audio devices (e.g., ringing on all devices)
- The Simplified Desktop .NET API
- Business user presence detection (i.e., system input activity tracking)
- The G.729 codec
- For Salesforce.com integrations, the CTI phone in Salesforce Classic
- Bright Pattern Contact Center software up to version 5.3.16 supports the Ubuntu operating system versions from 18.04. Starting from version 5.5.0, we will begin supporting versions 18.04 to 19.10; however, we will stop supporting version 16.04. Screen recording and screen monitoring only works with the Xorg display manager; there is no support for Wayland display manager. If you plan to use this operating system, you may try it and contact Customer Success if you have further questions.
- When running modern browsers, 4GB of RAM or more is recommended. We recommend performing testing with the actual applications in the course of agent workflow.