- What Is New in Version 5.2.0
- 1 Features
- 1.1 New Video and VoIP Settings for Web Chat
- 1.2 Chat Transcript Templates for Messaging/Chat
- 1.3 Using Amazon CloudFront with Chat Widgets
- 1.4 Content Erasure
- 1.5 Extended Survey Functionality for IVR Scenarios
- 1.6 Agent Selection Options in Historical Reports
- 1.8 Wallboard Builder Application Updates
- Release Notes
- Version 5.2.1
- Version 5.2.2
- Version 5.2.3
- Version 5.2.4
- Version 5.2.5
- Version 5.2.6
- Version 5.2.7
- Version 5.2.8
- Version 5.2.9
- Version 5.2.10
- Version 5.2.11
Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.2.0 includes the following new features.
New Video and VoIP Settings for Web Chat
In the Chat Widget Configuration app, the checkbox that allows video calls will be replaced with two new checkboxes: VoIP call and Visitor video.
Prior to this release, there was a single option to allow video calls. With the new chat enhancements enabled, agents and customers now have the ability to switch between chat, video, and VoIP calls (i.e., audio only).
When a VoIP call is allowed, either the agent or customer in an active chat session may initiate an audio call. Similarly, when both VoIP call and visitor video are allowed, either the agent or customer may initiate a video call. Note: Calls always start as audio, with the option to upgrade to video.
Additionally, both parties have the ability to turn their cameras on or off during a video session (i.e., it is not necessary for both parties to have cameras on to make video calls).
Chat Transcript Templates for Messaging/Chat
Release 5.2 introduces the Chat Transcript Templates tab in Messaging/Chat, located within section Scenario Entries in Contact Center Administrator. This tab allows you to configure a template for the purpose of sending chat or message transcripts. The template also may be used for automated password recovery messages
Using Amazon CloudFront with Chat Widgets
Amazon CloudFront can be used for quick delivery of Bright Pattern Contact Center web chat components, such as scripts, CSS, and images.
Using the CloudFront content delivery system can significantly speed up the process of loading chat widgets in any part of the world. The Amazon Web Services cloud caches it from the nearest server in any geographic location, thus helping chat widgets to load faster than on our servers.
For more information, see the Chat Widget Configuration Guide, section How to Use Amazon CloudFront to Speed up Chat Widget Loading.
To support compliance with the PCI DSS and GDPR requirements, Bright Pattern now allows authorized personnel to manually erase the content of any interactions selected via the Interaction Records page. Depending on the interaction media type, the content that can be erased includes voice recordings, voice recording transcripts, chat transcripts, the body of email messages, and screen recordings. Note that when content of an interaction is erased, the interaction record itself is preserved.
The ability to remove sensitive data from interaction records is enabled for users with the Security Administration privilege “Can edit and erase interaction records.”
System administrators can use the new Interactions Erasing feature to erase content from specific services and campaigns. For more information, see the Contact Center Administrator Guide, section Results tab.
Content erasure is recorded in your contact centers’s audit log. System administrators can find each instance of erasure by searching for “Erase” operations.
Agents can disposition an interaction (if such a disposition is enabled) with a request to erase content, provided that they give a reason. The disposition will initiate a workflow, which sends the system administrator an internal message with the request.
Extended Survey Functionality for IVR Scenarios
To extend Survey functionality, we have made the following changes to the Scenario Builder and Contact Center Administrator applications:
- Custom Reporting Fields, previously located in subsection Reporting in Contact Center Administrator, has been renamed subsection Custom and contains two subsections: Custom Reporting Fields:5.2 and Custom Survey Fields.
- In the Scenario Builder application Record block, the Transcribe recording (which uses a Speech To Text integration account) checkbox allows Speech To Text integration accounts to transcribe recordings. Once checked, it also allows you to create variables that store the transcription and sentiment of recordings.
- In the Scenario Builder application Record block, the Store recording accessible via a URL field is used to create variables that allow you to send the URL as an email attachment or play it in Agent Desktop.
- In the Scenario Builder application Save Survey Response block, two additional variable-entry fields are present: Conversation or recording text transcript and Conversation or recording sentiment. Here, you may enter the transcription and sentiment variables created in the Record block.
- Additionally, the survey results storage table has been modified.
Agent Selection Options in Historical Reports
In the Reports tab of Contact Center Administrator, the checkbox Show disabled/deleted agents has been added to the agent selection drop-down menu. If left unchecked, the report will exclude disabled or deleted agents. The exclusion works even if agents had activity within the report time frame.
For added convenience, the setDispositionByName method sets the disposition for the current interaction by name, rather than by alphanumeric code (as with setDisposition).
Note: Inclusion of these methods does not replace corresponding scenario blocks; they are still available for use.
Wallboard Builder Application Updates
Release 5.2 introduces the following updates to the Wallboard Builder application:
New widget options:
- Widgets are now organized into the following categories: Standard Widgets, User Widgets, and Copy from Existing
- New Standard Widgets include:
- Time - This widget displays the current time and date.
- Image - This widget allows the user to upload an image to the wallboard.
- User Widgets incorporate the same statistics from an agent’s My Grades screen. These include:
- Copy from Existing allows you to copy any widget configured in any available wallboard to your current wallboard. These are organized alphabetically by wallboard name, then by widget name.
- New Standard Widgets include:
Additions to menu options:
- The Rotation option allows the screen to rotate automatically between your choice wallboards at a fixed interval (in seconds).
- The Hide Title Bar option allows users to hide the wallboard title and menu icon unless moused over. To hide the title bar, check the Enabled box. To return the title bar to the default view, uncheck the Enabled box.
- The User Widgets option allows you to select and apply an individual user’s statistics instantly to all user widgets configured in a wallboard.