- Scenario Builder Reference Guide Introduction
- Scenario Builder OverviewExercises
- Scenario-Building ExercisesScenario Blocks Definitions
- Scenario BlocksReference
- Scenario Reference Material
- Add to Calling List
- Ask a Bot
- Attached Data
- Bright Pattern Create Object
- Bright Pattern Delete Object
- Bright Pattern Search Object
- Bright Pattern Update Object
- 1.1 Conditional Exits
- 1.2 Settings
- 1.2.1 Title text
- 1.2.2 Object type
- 188.8.131.52 Case Settings
- 184.108.40.206 Contact Settings
- 220.127.116.11 Company Settings
- Chat Bot Select Account
- Collect Digits
- Connect Call
- Connect Chat
- DB Execute
- Exception Handler
- Fetch URL
- Find Agent
- Get Agent State
- Get Next Record
- Get Statistics
- Get User Configuration
- Identify Contact
- Internal Message
- Microsoft Dynamics Create Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Delete Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Screen Pop
- Microsoft Dynamics Search Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Select Account
- Microsoft Dynamics Update Object
- Play Prompt
- Request Callback
- Request Input
- Request Skill or Service
- Retrieve Internal Record
- RightNow Create Object
- RightNow Screen Pop
- RightNow Search
- RightNow Select Account
- RightNow Update
- Salesforce.com Delete
- Salesforce.com Insert
- Salesforce.com Screenpop
- Salesforce.com Search
- Salesforce.com Select Account
- Salesforce.com Update
- Save Survey Response
- Search Directory
- Self-Service Provided
- Send Message
- ServiceNow Create Object
- ServiceNow Screen Pop
- ServiceNow Search
- ServiceNow Select Account
- ServiceNow Update Object
- Set Agent State
- Set Case
- Set Custom Reporting Field
- Set Disposition
- Set Priority
- Set Prompt Language
- Set Variable
- Start Another Scenario
- Stop Prompt
- Web Screen Pop
- Zendesk API Request
- Zendesk Create Object
- Zendesk Screen Pop
- Zendesk Search
- Zendesk Select Account
- Zendesk Update Object
Bright Pattern Update Object
The Bright Pattern Update Object block updates an existing object in the database. The allowed object types are Case, Contact, and Company.
Note this block is available from Bright Pattern Contact Center software version 5.2.2.
The Failed conditional exit is executed if the update operation failed, due to invalid parameters, timeout, or network connectivity to external CRM (e.g. Salesforce).
The No Data conditional exit is executed if no data matching the specified update criteria is found.
Title Text is the name of the instance of the block. Enter a name in the text field and the new name of the block will appear in the flowchart.
The Object type drop-down menu allows you to choose the type of object you want to update in the internal database. You may choose Case, Contact, or Company. Depending on what object type is selected, the settings change as follows:
This is the database record case ID.
This is the text associated with the case title.
The Category name drop-down menu allows you to classify the case as one of the following: Incident, Question, Enhancement Request, Defect, or Change Request.
Custom Case Fields
Custom Case Fields that have been configured in Case & Contact Management > Custom Fields > Case will appear here; you may enter text items in these fields.
This is the database record contact ID.
This is the text associated with the first name of the contact.
This is the text associated with the last name of the contact.
This is the text associated with the title of the contact.
This is the text associated with the position of the contact.
This is the text associated with the summary of the contact.
This is the text associated with the segment of the contact.
This is the text associated with the age of the contact.
This is the ID of the company record.
When you click the add option, you may select the type of email from the drop-down menu (Primary, Business, or Private), then enter the email address. It is possible to add more than one type of email address; the order the emails are listed in is insignificant. Note: Gaps are not allowed (i.e. you must create the email with the index  if you want to populate the email with the index ).
When you click the add option, you may select the type of phone from the drop-down menu (Business, Home, Mobile, or Fax), then enter the phone number. It is possible to add more than one type of phone number; the order the numbers are listed in is insignificant. Note: Gaps are not allowed (i.e. you must create phone numbers with the index  if you want to populate the email with the index ).
Note the following for existing phone numbers:
- Existing phones in the contact are searched by phone number.
- If an existing phone is found, its type is updated.
- If an existing phone is not found, it is added to the list of phones in the contact list.
- There is no way to delete a phone number (or change a phone number) via the Bright Pattern Update Object block and must be done via Agent Desktop; deleting phone numbers is deemed too complex for this iteration of scenario block design.
Custom Contact Fields
Custom Contact Fields that have been configured in Case & Contact Management > Custom Fields > Contact will appear here; you may enter text items in these fields.
This is the database record company ID.
This is the text associated with the company name.
This is the text associated with the web URL of the company.
This is the text associated with the revenue of the company.
This is the text associated with the employees of the company.