- General Information
- Selecting a Phone Device
- 1 Logging into Agent Desktop
- Installing and Updating the Agent Desktop Helper Application
- User Interface Overview
- Understanding Screen-pop
- Configuring Your User Profile
- Configuring Your Voicemail
- Listening to Voicemail Messages
- Call Forwarding
- Getting Help
- How to Terminate Your Working Session
- When Your Browser Closes or Navigates Away
- Managing Your States
- How to Interpret Your Current State Information
- How to Make Yourself Ready
- How to Make Yourself Not Ready
- Handling Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming Call
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Send Numeric Information
- How to Use the Directory
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed Number
- How to Use Favorite Contacts
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a Call
- How to Wrap Up After Call Work
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Make a Consultation Call
- How to Transfer a Call
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a Conference
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop or Pause Call Recording
- Voice Signatures
- How to Schedule a Follow-up Activity
- How to Send SMS Messages
- Handling Service Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat Request
- Chat Messages
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat Session
- How to Create a Case from a Chat Session
- How to Flag a Chat Session
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and Documents
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video Chat
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat Responses
- How to End a Chat Session
- How to Send a Secure Form
- Handling Multiple Chat Sessions
- Handling Mobile Interactions
- Participating in an Outbound Campaign
- General Information About Outbound Campaigns
- How to Review a Calling Record
- How to Reject a Calling Record
- How to Reschedule a Call Attempt
- Using the Calendar
- Handling My Cases
- General Information About Handling My Cases (Email)
- Understanding Email Cases and Threads
- How to Accept an Email
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal Queue
- Overview of the Email Working Area
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- How to Mask Sensitive Data
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Change Default Email Font
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Use My Follow-ups to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Search Email Cases
- How to Print an Email
- How to Copy and Paste Images into Email
- General Information About Contacts
- Ways to Access Contacts
- How to Create a New Contact
- How to Edit to an Existing Contact
- Using Chat Center
- My Grades
- Knowledge Base
- General Information About Knowledge Base
- How to Use a Knowledge Base Article
- Contributing Content to the Knowledge Base
- Other Useful Functions
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ways to Request Assistance
- How to Report a Call Quality Problem
- How to Send Agent Desktop Application Logs to Your Administrator
- Error Messages
Logging into Agent Desktop
Step 1: Enter login credentials.
- In the Username and Password fields of the dialog box, enter the username and password provided to you by your system administrator. Do not change other fields of the dialog box unless instructed to do so by your system administrator.
- Click the Log in button.
Step 2: Confirm permissions and change password (if needed).
If this is your first time logging in to Agent Desktop, you may be asked to confirm your permission to show notifications from this web page. Confirm your permission to display notifications.
If you forgot your password, you may request it by clicking the Forgot password link. Password recovery instruction will be sent to you by email. Note that in order to receive those instructions, your email address must be associated with your user account in the Bright Pattern Contact Center Administrator system. If in doubt, contact your administrator to have your password reset manually.
Once logged in, you can change your password via the settings menu in the top right corner of your application screen.
To change the password:
- Click your User Profile photo icon . Note: If you have not uploaded a photo to your user profile, click on the Settings icon instead.
- Select the Change Password option.
Depending on your contact center security policies, you may also be required to change your password upon initial login and/or at regular time intervals (e.g., every 90 days).
Step 3: Navigate the user interface.
Successful logging into the Agent Desktop application marks the beginning of your working session. Your current status will be displayed in the upper-left corner of the application screen.
If you are an agent, depending on your contact center practices, you may be assigned either the Not Ready or Ready state upon login. If the Not Ready state is assigned, you will not receive any service calls until you manually change your state to Ready. If the Ready state is assigned, you may receive an interaction immediately upon login. See How to Interpret Your Current State Information for more information about the agent states and how to change them.
If you are not an agent, you will be assigned the status Available immediately upon login. This status indicates to your colleagues your availability to communicate. If you prefer not to be disturbed by incoming calls or instant messages, consider manually changing your status to Not Ready by clicking the drop-down menu icon below the current status indicator. For more information about availability indicators, see section How to Use the Directory.
Some of the functions described in this guide may not be available to you. This usually means that either the corresponding capabilities are disabled in your contact center, or you do not have the permissions to use the function in question. If you believe that you need access to such functions in order to perform your tasks, contact your system administrator.