- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent Desktop
- OverviewAccepting Email
- How to Accept an EmailCreating Cases
- How to Create New Cases
- 1.1 During Interactions
- 1.2 From Existing Cases
- 1.3 From Existing Contacts
- How to Use Pinned Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound EmailFonts
- How to Change Default Email FontHandling Email
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Copy and Paste Images into EmailMasking Data
- How to Mask Sensitive DataPrint
- How to Print an EmailRetrieving Email from Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal QueueReviewing Email
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Create New Cases
Cases are automatically created from emails inbound to your contact center. But what do you do if you need to reach out to a contact and need a record of it, or want to create a case from another type of interaction?
New cases can be created from either existing cases or contacts saved in your contact center or during non-email interactions. For more information, see Additional Ways to Initiate Interactions.
New cases can be created during active voice or chat interactions by clicking the Add new case button. After clicking this button, a case tab will open a draft note; you may also send an email at this time. Additionally, you can apply various case states to the case.
From Existing Cases
New cases can be created from your Personal Queue by clicking the Compose email button. After clicking this button, a new draft email opens with the option to create a note. Note that creating an email this way will place you in a Busy state.
Team Queue and Pinned Cases
It is also possible to create new cases from the Team Queue and Pinned Cases sections; however, the contact information must already be saved in your contact center. To create a new case from these sections, hover your cursor over a contact; this will pop a contact card with clickable interaction icons. Clicking the email icon will create a new case in a draft email state wth the option to create a note. Note that creating an email this way will place you in a Busy state.
From Existing Contacts
From the Cases Tab
Adding a new case in this way gives you several options:
- You may choose to create a note for the contact only.
- You can send the contact an email.
- You can create a note and send an email.
- You can apply various case states to the case.
Note that when a case is created in this way, you will be placed in a Busy state in preview mode.
From a Contact's Saved Email Address
New cases can be created from email addresses saved to a contact's record. To create a new case, click the email icon that appears when you hover your cursor over the contact's email address; this will open a new draft email. You may also create a note for the case at this time.
Note that creating an email this way will place you in a Busy state. For more information, see Additional Ways to Initiate Interactions.