- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- OverviewAccepting Email
- How to Accept an EmailCreating Cases
- How to Create New CasesFollow-ups
- How to Use Pinned Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound Email
- How to Use Cases to Send a Follow-up Outbound EmailFonts
- How to Change Default Email FontHandling Email
- How to Close an Email without Replying
- How to Change an Assigned Email Service
- How to Compose a Reply
- How to Transfer an Email
- How to Forward an Email
- How to Send a New Outbound Email
- How to Save an Email as a Draft
- How to Copy and Paste Images into EmailMasking Data
- How to Mask Sensitive DataPrint
- How to Print an EmailRetrieving Email from Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from the Team Queue
- How to Retrieve an Email from Personal QueueReviewing Email
- How to Review an Incoming Email
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Send a New Outbound Email
While follow-up emails are associated with existing cases, new outbound emails are emails that you send to your customers regarding matters unrelated to any existing cases. When you compose and send a new email, a new case is created automatically.
A new email draft will appear in your Active Communications List. The Context Information Area will display the familiar email processing views and controls. For more information, see Overview of the Email Working Area.
Draft your email as follows:
- Select the service with which this email is associated.
- Specify the recipient email address. Note that if you begin typing an email address that you have manually typed previously, the system will automatically complete the rest of the email address field for you.
- Add cc and/or bcc if necessary.
- Type the subject.
- Compose the email itself.
- Starting from version 5.3.0, note the following email attachment limits:
- Single email attachment size: 10MB
- Single email with attachments size: 25 MB
- Click Send.
Your email will be sent and a new case will be created. If the customer replies to your email, his reply will be automatically associated with that new case. Subsequent processing of the customer reply will be no different from the processing of incoming emails.