- What's New in Version 5.2.0
- 1 Features
- 1.1 New Video and VoIP Settings for Web Chat
- 1.2 Chat Transcript Templates for Messaging/Chat
- 1.3 Using Amazon CloudFront with Chat Widgets
- 1.4 Content Erasure
- 1.5 Extended Survey Functionality for IVR Scenarios
- 1.6 Agent Selection Options in Historical Reports
- 1.8 New Tenant Deletion Options
- 1.9 Support for Private Networks
- 1.10 Redesigned Screen Recorder
- 1.11 Java 8.172 Update
- 1.12 Support for G.729 in Softphone
- 1.13 Wallboard Builder Application Updates
- Release Notes
- Version 5.2.1
- Version 5.2.2
- Version 5.2.3
- Version 5.2.4
- Version 5.2.5
- Version 5.2.6
- Version 5.2.7
- Version 5.2.8
- Version 5.2.9
- Version 5.2.10
- Version 5.2.11
Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.2.0 includes the following features and enhancements.
New Video and VoIP Settings for Web Chat
In the Chat Widget Configuration app, the checkbox that allows video calls will be replaced with two new checkboxes: VoIP call and Visitor video.
Prior to this release, there was a single option to allow video calls. With the new chat enhancements enabled, agents and customers now have the ability to switch between chat, video, and VoIP calls (i.e., audio only).
When a VoIP call is allowed, either the agent or customer in an active chat session may initiate an audio call. Similarly, when both VoIP call and visitor video are allowed, either the agent or customer may initiate a video call. Note: Calls always start as audio, with the option to upgrade to video.
Additionally, both parties have the ability to turn their cameras on or off during a video session (i.e., it is not necessary for both parties to have cameras on to make video calls).
Chat Transcript Templates for Messaging/Chat
Release 5.2 introduces the Chat Transcript Templates tab in Messaging/Chat, located within section Scenario Entries in Contact Center Administrator. This tab allows you to configure a template for the purpose of sending chat or message transcripts. The template also may be used for automated password recovery messages
Using Amazon CloudFront with Chat Widgets
Amazon CloudFront can be used for quick delivery of Bright Pattern Contact Center web chat components, such as scripts, CSS, and images.
Using the CloudFront content delivery system can significantly speed up the process of loading chat widgets in any part of the world. The Amazon Web Services cloud caches it from the nearest server in any geographic location, thus helping chat widgets to load faster than on our servers.
For more information, see the Chat Widget Configuration Guide, section How to Use Amazon CloudFront to Speed up Chat Widget Loading.
To support compliance with the PCI DSS and GDPR requirements, Bright Pattern now allows authorized personnel to manually erase the content of any interactions selected via the Interaction Records page. Depending on the interaction media type, the content that can be erased includes voice recordings, voice recording transcripts, chat transcripts, the body of email messages, and screen recordings. Note that when content of an interaction is erased, the interaction record itself is preserved.
The ability to remove sensitive data from interaction records is enabled for users with the Security Administration privilege “Can edit and erase interaction records.”
System administrators can use the new Interactions Erasing feature to erase content from specific services and campaigns. For more information, see the Contact Center Administrator Guide, section Results tab.
Content erasure is recorded in your tenant’s audit log. System administrators can find each instance of erasure by searching for “Erase” operations.
Agents can disposition an interaction (if such a disposition is enabled) with a request to erase content, provided that they give a reason. The disposition will initiate a workflow, which sends the system administrator an internal message with the request.
In Service Provider, system administrators may delete tenants completely. When this action is taken, all of the tenant’s historical data shall be automatically deleted from all databases within the next 24 hours. See the Service Provider Guide, section Tenants.
Extended Survey Functionality for IVR Scenarios
To extend Survey functionality, we have made the following changes to the Scenario Builder and Contact Center Administrator applications:
- Custom Reporting Fields, previously located in subsection Reporting in Contact Center Administrator, has been renamed subsection Custom and contains two subsections: Custom Reporting Fields:5.2 and Custom Survey Fields.
- In the Scenario Builder application Record block, the Transcribe recording (which uses a Speech To Text integration account) checkbox allows Speech To Text integration accounts to transcribe recordings. Once checked, it also allows you to create variables that store the transcription and sentiment of recordings.
- In the Scenario Builder application Record block, the Store recording accessible via a URL field is used to create variables that allow you to send the URL as an email attachment or play it in Agent Desktop.
- In the Scenario Builder application Save Survey Response block, two additional variable-entry fields are present: Conversation or recording text transcript and Conversation or recording sentiment. Here, you may enter the transcription and sentiment variables created in the Record block.
- Additionally, the survey results storage table has been modified.
Agent Selection Options in Historical Reports
In the Reports tab of Contact Center Administrator, the checkbox Show disabled/deleted agents has been added to the agent selection drop-down menu. If left unchecked, the report will exclude disabled or deleted agents. The exclusion works even if agents had activity within the report time frame.
For added convenience, the setDispositionByName method sets the disposition for the current interaction by name, rather than by alphanumeric code (as with setDisposition).
Note: Inclusion of these methods does not replace corresponding scenario blocks; they are still available for use.
New Tenant Deletion Options
The Service Provider application contains new options to delete tenant recordings, assigned access numbers, and historical databases at the same time. These new deletion options allow service providers to reclaim server space and maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
To access these options, go to Service Portal > Tenants. The three new checkboxes in the tenant deletion dialog are as follows:
- The delete assigned access numbers option deletes all assigned access numbers.
- The delete audio and screen recording option performs requests to the RTP processor and screen recorder to delete the remotely located files.
- The delete historical database option deletes the database schema as well as database access for users dedicated to this tenant/schema.
Note: If none of the new options are selected when deleting a tenant, the information associated with these options will remain on the server and will need to be removed manually. The tenant will be deleted whether any of these options are selected or not.
Support for Private Networks
Version 5.2 introduces support for private networks, which gives customers the flexibility to use Bright Pattern on their choice of network (Private, Internal, or Public).
In Service Provider, the “Local Networks” section has been renamed “Internal & Private Networks.”
Moreover, in the “Hosts & Components > Configuration” section, in Edit Properties, there are now three host properties fields: “Internal host name,” “Public host name,” and “Private networks host name.”
For more information, see the Service Provider Guide, section Internal & Private Networks.
Redesigned Screen Recorder
Release 5.2 separates the screen recorder collector and writer services. As such, in the Service Provider application, section Hosts & Components, there are now two screen recorder components: Screen Recorder Writer (previously called Screen Recorder) and Screen Recorder Collector.
The new component called Screen Recording Collector is responsible for receiving screen recording traffic, decrypting it, and proxying to the Screen Recorder Writer.
For more information about components, see the Deployment Guide, section Server-Side Components.
Java 8.172 Update
Bright Pattern uses Java 1.8.0_172 in Linux and Windows installations. Because Java 1.8.0_172 contains necessary encryption libraries, it’s no longer necessary to add Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files during Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installation. Now, installing JRE involves simply downloading and running JDK 8u172.
For more information, see the Installation Guide for Linux, section Java Runtime Environment Installation.
Support for G.729 in Softphone
A new version of softphone with G.729 support is provided as a stand-alone MSI for 64-bit Windows only. G.729 is enabled and configured using advanced options for the SIP Processor. For more information, contact Bright Pattern’s Customer Success Team.
Wallboard Builder Application Updates
Release 5.2 introduces the following updates to the Wallboard Builder application:
New widget options:
- Widgets are now organized into the following categories: Standard Widgets, User Widgets, and Copy from Existing
- New Standard Widgets include:
- Time - This widget displays the current time and date.
- Image - This widget allows the user to upload an image to the wallboard.
- User Widgets incorporate the same statistics from an agent’s My Grades screen. These include:
- Copy from Existing allows you to copy any widget configured in any available wallboard to your current wallboard. These are organized alphabetically by wallboard name, then by widget name.
- New Standard Widgets include:
Additions to menu options:
- The Rotation option allows the screen to rotate automatically between your choice wallboards at a fixed interval (in seconds).
- The Hide Title Bar option allows users to hide the wallboard title and menu icon unless moused over. To hide the title bar, check the Enabled box. To return the title bar to the default view, uncheck the Enabled box.
- The User Widgets option allows you to select and apply an individual user’s statistics instantly to all user widgets configured in a wallboard.