- Workflow Builder Reference Guide Introduction
- AudienceWorkflow Builder Application
- Workflow Builder OverviewWorkflow-Building Exercises
- How to Solicit Post-Transactional Surveys via EmailWorkflow Blocks
- Assign Case to Agent
- Bright Pattern Create Object
- Bright Pattern Delete Object
- Bright Pattern Search Object
- Bright Pattern Update Object
- DB Execute
- Exception Handler
- Fetch URL
- Get Next Record
- Get User Configuration
- Internal Message
- Microsoft Dynamics Create Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Delete Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Search Object
- Microsoft Dynamics Select Account
- Microsoft Dynamics Update Object
- RightNow Create Object
- RightNow Search
- RightNow Select Account
- RightNow Update Object
- Salesforce.com Delete
- Salesforce.com Insert
- Salesforce.com Search
- Salesforce.com Select Account
- Salesforce.com Update
- Send Message+
- ServiceNow Create Object
- ServiceNow Search
- ServiceNow Select Account
- ServiceNow Update Object
- Set Variable
- Start Another Workflow
- Transfer Case to Service
- Zapier Invoke Zap
- Zapier Select Account
- Zendesk API Request
- Zendesk Create Object
- Zendesk Search
- Zendesk Select Account
- Zendesk Update ObjectReference
- Standard Fields for CRM Objects
- String Expressions
- Integer Expressions
- Floating Point Expressions
- Built-In Functions
Microsoft Dynamics Search Object
The Microsoft Dynamics Search Object block finds an existing object in the Dynamics 365 database. When using this block, we assume that we have some information about a contact, such as case state, account number, or name, and we use that information for data lookup. You can use this block to search for a variety of data object types.
The name of the instance of the block (any name).
The type of object you want to search for in the Dynamics 365 database. Values may be manually entered in this field or selected from the drop-down menu. Note that the value in the Object type field is the Dynamics Entity Set Name. For more information, see Query Data using the Web API.
Select from one of the following types:
This field allows free-form entry of of text in Dynamics 365 search URL syntax.
A recordset is a set of records (presented either as a table or a query from a table) in JSON format, which holds the results of the search that this block is doing.
The recordset name is the name of the recordset in JSON format. When entering the recordset name (e.g., "MScase"), you are declaring your recordset in a field name, and the value entered in this field can then be used in a number of subsequent blocks to dictate further actions (e.g., passing the value to a Microsoft Dynamics Create Object block if information about a contact is not found).
This exit is taken if the search operation failed due to invalid parameters, timeout, or network connectivity to the Dynamics 365 CRM.
This exit is taken if no data matching the specified search criteria is found.