- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Chat Center
- OverviewAccepting/Rejecting Chats
- How to Accept a Chat Request
- How to Reject a Chat RequestAudio/Video Chats
- How to Have an Audio Chat
- How to Have a Video ChatCanned Responses
- How to Create and Edit Canned Chat ResponsesCo-browsing
- Co-browsingCreating Cases
- How to Create a Case from a Chat SessionFlagging Chats
- How to Flag an InteractionFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-Up Activity from a Chat SessionForms
- How to Send a Secure FormMultiple Chats
- Handling Multiple Chat SessionsSending Chat Messages
- Chat Messages
- How to Send and Receive Pictures and DocumentsTerminate the Chat
- How to End a Chat SessionTransfers
- How to Transfer Your Chat Session
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Accept a Chat Request
When logged in to the Agent Desktop application and in the Ready state, you are available to receive interactions such as chats at any time. Accepting a chat request is simple.
When a service chat interaction is delivered to your desktop, you will hear a tone and see an alert pop-up window titled Web Chat indicating a chat request. Your state will change from Ready to Busy. The alert pop-up window will display the name of the service requested by the customer as well as the customer’s name if it was provided in the chat request form.
To accept the chat request, follow these steps:
- Click the Accept button.
- The Active Communications List will display the chat icon , which indicates that the chat session is now established and the timer for this session will start.
- The available customer information will be displayed in the Contact Info Panel.
- You can now begin a chat session with the customer.
Note: If you are already chatting with a customer and receive a new alert pop-up, you will have the option to either Open or Accept the new chat. If you select Open, the chat is accepted but the focus will shift to the new chat; if you select Accept, the chat will be accepted but the focus will stay on the original chat and not the new one.
If you do not accept a chat request within a predefined amount of time, you will be automatically switched to the Not Ready state. You will need to make yourself manually Ready when you are ready to receive another chat.
Note: Unaccepted chat requests will appear in your performance and activity reports.