- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the Directory
- 1.1 Placing a Call From the Directory
- 1.2 Presence Icons
- 1.3 Agent State Icons
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberRemote Assistance
- Overview: Remote Assistance During Calls
- How to Initiate Remote Assistance During a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Call with an Active Remote Assistance SessionSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Use the Directory
You can contact users registered in your contact center by selecting them from the Directory tab. The directory displays users in your organization grouped by teams. It may also show service queues and some frequently used external numbers.
To view directory contacts, click the Directory tab. The directory will initially list all teams configured in your contact center. Service queues and external numbers also will be organized in folders. To see items of a particular team or folder, click the arrow icon next to its name.
Additionally, you can search for a directory item by typing the contact name or number in the search field that you see above the list of contacts. As you type, only the matching items will remain visible in the directory.
For users registered in your contact center, the directory provides information about their current availability to communicate:
- For agents, depending on your contact center's configuration, you will see either agent state icons or presence icons.
- For non-agents, presence icons are always shown.
Placing a Call From the Directory
To call a number from the directory, follow these steps.
- Select the contact you wish to call. The contact’s number will appear in the Number Input Field.
- If necessary, select the service as described in section How to Make an Outbound Call.
- Click the Initiate call button.
The user is at the desk and is not on a phone call.
The user is logged in but is likely to be away from the desk at the moment. This status is assigned automatically if no computer activity has been detected for the last 15 minutes. As soon as some activity is detected, the user is automatically switched to status Available. This status does not prevent you from attempting to contact the user.
Do Not Disturb
The user has manually set the status indicating the desire not to be contacted at the moment. This status does not prevent you from attempting to contact the user.
On the Phone
The user is currently on a phone call. This status is assigned automatically when the user makes or answers a phone call. This status applies to users busy with phone calls only; status Available will be displayed for users who handle interactions of any other media types.
The user is currently logged out.
Agent State Icons
The user is in the Ready state.
The user is in the Busy state. For this state, the directory displays the media type of the interaction the user is busy with (i.e., call, chat/SMS, email, or preview).
If an agent has multiple interactions of different media types, only one media type is displayed in the following precedence order:
After Call Work
The user is in the After Call Work state.
The user is in the Supervising state.
The user is logged out.