- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the Directory
- 1.1 Display Icons
- 1.2 Placing a Call From the Directory
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
How to Use the Directory
You can make calls to the users and contacts registered in your contact center directory by selecting them from the Directory tab. The directory will typically provide contacts of users in your organization grouped by teams. It may also contain external contacts. For users, the directory also provides information about their current availability to communicate.
To view directory contacts, click the Directory tab. The directory will initially list all teams configured in your contact center. External contacts will also be organized in folders. To see contacts of members of a particular team or folder, click the arrow icon next to its name.
You can also search for a contact by typing the contact name or number in the search field that you see above the list of contacts. As you type, only the matching contacts will remain visible in the directory.
For each contact, the directory will display the name and phone number. For users, the directory will also display icons indicating their current availability to communicate. The icons have the following meanings.
The user is at the desk and is not on a phone call.
The user is logged in but is likely to be away from the desk at the moment. This status is assigned automatically if no computer activity has been detected for the last 15 minutes. As soon as some activity is detected, the user is automatically switched to status Available. This status does not prevent you from attempting to contact the user.
Do Not Disturb
The user has manually set the status indicating the desire not to be contacted at the moment. This status does not prevent you from attempting to contact the user.
On the Phone
The user is currently on a phone call. This status is assigned automatically when the user makes or answers a phone call. This status applies to users busy with phone calls only; status Available will be displayed for users who handle interactions of any other media types.
The user is currently logged out.
Placing a Call From the Directory
To call a number from the directory, follow these steps.
- Select the contact you wish to call. The contact’s number will appear in the Number Input Field.
- If necessary, select the service as described in section How to Make an Outbound Call.
- Click the Initiate call button.