- Agent Guide Introduction
- What Is Agent Desktop?
- User Interface OverviewGetting Started
- Working in Agent DesktopTutorials
- Tutorials Overview
- Call ControlsAccepting/Rejecting Calls
- How to Answer an Incoming Call
- How to Reject an Incoming CallAfter Call Work and Dispositions
- Dispositions and Notes
- How to Wrap Up After Call WorkCallback Reservation
- About Callback ReservationConferences
- How to Host a Conference
- How to Participate in a ConferenceConsultations and Transfers
- How to Make Consultations and TransfersDirectory
- How to Use the DirectoryFavorites
- How to Use Favorite ContactsFollow-ups
- How to Schedule a Follow-up ActivityMute and Hold
- How to Hold and Retrieve a Call
- How to Mute a Call
- How to Release a CallPlacing Calls
- How to Make an Internal Call
- How to Make an Outbound Call
- How to Speed Dial Through External IVRsRecording and Voice
- How to Connect a Voice Application to Your Call
- How to Record a Call
- How to Stop Call Recording
- How to Use Prerecorded Messages
- Voice Signatures Redialing
- How to Redial a Previously Dialed NumberSending Numeric Information
- How to Send Numeric InformationService Queue
- How to Place a Call in a Service Queue
- Chat Center
- Knowledge Base
- Outbound Campaigns
About Callback Reservation
If your contact center has virtual queue enabled, when working in Agent Desktop you may see the Callback reservation notice. This notice informs you that the system has placed you in a "reserved" state for the purpose of being connected to a customer who requested a callback; it is shown a moment before the system attempts the callback.
If the customer answers the callback, you will get the regular incoming call notification in a few seconds. Subsequent handling of this call should be no different from the handling of any regular inbound call for the given service. If the customer does not answer the callback, your "reservation" for this customer will be automatically canceled and you are likely to receive another inbound call shortly.
Note that the Callback reservation notice includes the optional checkbox Don't show this to me again should you not want to see the pop-up on future callback reservations.
For more information, see the Virtual Queue Tutorial, section How It Works.