Global Interaction Identifier
Global interaction identifier (GIID) is a UUID-formatted number assigned to every interaction processed within Bright Pattern Contact Center. It can be used to track interaction history through all stages of processing within the system, including possible consultations, transfers, conferences, service changes, and media upgrades. At run-time, GIID can be exported to third-party applications via scenarios and/or desktop integration APIs. Historically, GIID appears in all records related to interaction processing, including call detail records, outbound campaign results, voice recording file names, and activity history of pre-integrated CRM applications. GIID is available as a search condition (i.e., data element) in the interaction records search.
Rules When Assigning a GIID
Depending on whether an interaction is new or related to another existing interaction, GIID is either generated or inherited. More specifically, the following general rules apply when assigning a GIID:
- For inbound voice and chat interactions, GIID is generated as soon as the interaction enters the contact center.
- For predictive, progressive, and automatic (IVR) campaign calls, a new GIID is generated for every new call attempt (i.e., different call attempts related to the same calling record have different GIIDs).
- For preview campaigns, a new GIID is generated each time a preview record is distributed to an agent. When the agent makes a call based on a preview record, the call attempt inherits the GIID of the record. If an agent makes several call attempts while handling one preview record, all such call attempts will have the same GIID.
- Manual consultation calls, both outbound and internal, inherit GIID of the held primary call. If several calls are on hold, the consult call inherits GIID of the call that has been placed on hold most recently.
- For manual outbound and internal calls unrelated to any existing calls, GIID is generated as soon as the call is dialed.
- For new inbound email interactions, GIID is generated when the email enters the contact center.
- For new outbound email interactions (emails unrelated to any existing cases), GIID is generated as soon as a draft is created (agent clicks the Compose button).
- For follow-up emails initiated by customers, GIID is generated when the email enters the contact center.
- Follow-up emails initiated by agents inherit GIID of the previous email in the email thread.
- A call originated in the context of a customer chat interaction inherits GIID of the chat interaction.
- A call originated in the context of an email interaction inherits GIID of the email interaction.
- A new email originated in the context of a voice call inherits GIID of the call.
- Transferred/forwarded interactions inherit GIID assigned to the original interaction in a transfer sequence.
- Conference portions of interactions inherit GIID assigned to the original interaction.
A typical use of the GIID can be illustrated by the following example. When reviewing your customer relationship management (CRM) transactions, you need to find voice recordings of the related calls, both while they are still stored in the Bright Pattern Contact Center system and after they have been exported and stored elsewhere.
When configuring your system to support the above task:
- If you use one of the pre-integrated CRM applications, depending on your workflow, the GIID related to transactions handled by your agents may be available automatically as part of the activity history (see below). If this is not the case, consider using one of the available scenario integration blocks (e.g., Fetch URL) to store the content of variable $(globalInteractionId) as part of CRM transaction records associated with your calls.
- To make sure you can find voice recordings even after they have been exported out the system, add the $(GlobalInteractionId) component to the file names of exported recordings.
When looking for a voice recording related to your CRM transaction:
- Copy the GIID from the CRM transaction.
- Check the transaction date against the voice recording storage times agreed upon with your service provider (the default period is 90 days).
- If the voice recording is still stored within Bright Pattern Contact Center, open the Interaction Records Search page, select GIID as your search condition, and paste the GIID you have copied from your CRM transaction.
- If the voice recording is no longer within Bright Pattern Contact Center but has been exported for offline storage, look for the file containing the copied GIID on the location where the recordings are stored.
Note that depending on the workflow, your search may produce several voice recordings (e.g., recordings of call segments before and after a transfer, or a recording of an associated consult call).
How GIIDs Are Exposed
GIIDs are exposed via the data elements described in the following table. The "Where to Use" column names where the data element is used, and the "Data Element to Use" column describes the type and name of the element (i.e., field, variable, parameter, etc.).
|Where to Use||Data Element to Use|
|Simplified Desktop .NET API||
|Desktop Integration API .NET Version||
|Exported voice recording||
Note the following:
- When two inbound calls are merged into a conference, the conference call gets GIID of the older call (the call that appeared in the system first).
- Consult calls initiated from a hardphone do not inherit GIID from the original call.
- GIID is not currently available as a scenario variable for the following types of interactions (because interactions of these types do not have exposed scenarios):
- Preview campaign calls
- Manual outbound and internal calls