- General Information
- Contact Center Configuration Process
- Initial General Configuration
- Inbound Voice Service Configuration
- Outbound Campaign Configuration
- Email Service Configuration
- Chat Service Configuration
- Web Chat Configuration
- Users and Teams
- Forwarding and Voicemail Operation
- Agent Dashboard Metrics
- Skill Levels
- Help Screens
- Scenario Entries
- Services and Campaigns
- Services and Campaigns Overview
- Properties Tab
- Assignments Tab
- Lists Tab
- Dispositions Tab
- Activity Tab
- Numbers Tab
- Service Level Tab
- Outbound Tab
- Results Tab
- Archive Tab
- Canned Tab
- Email Tab
- Pre-defined Dispositions
- Outbound - General
- Outbound - Calling Hours
- Outbound - Dial Rules
- Outbound - DNC
- Outbound - Diagnostics
- Case & Contact Management
- Call Center Configuration
- General Settings
- Integration Accounts
- Knowledge Base
- Hours of Operation
- State Calling Hours
- Auxiliary Skills
- Language Skills
- Audio Treatments
- Shared Voice Segments
- Omni-Channel Routing
- Chat Settings
- Email Settings
- Quality Management
- Agent Desktop Helper Application
- System Requirements
- Countries, Calling Codes, and Time Zones
- Setting Up Private S3 Storage
- 1 Inbound Voice and Chat Service Configuration
- 1.1 Step 1: Create and configure an inbound voice or chat service
- 1.2 Step 2: Assign teams to the service
- 1.3 Step 3: Create additional skills required for this service
- 1.4 Step 4: Assign the additional skills to agents of the assigned teams
- 1.5 Step 5: Specify service level thresholds
- 1.6 Step 6: Create the scenario for the service
- 1.7 Step 7: For voice, specify dial-out information
- 1.8 Step 8: For voice, set up periodic call recording exports
- 1.9 Step 9: For chat, update omnichannel routing settings
- 1.10 Step 10: For voice, configure caller ID
- 1.11 Step 11: For chat, configure SMS access numbers
- 1.12 Step 12: Associate scenarios
Inbound Voice and Chat Service Configuration
This section outlines the recommended general order of configuring an inbound voice or chat service.
For inbound voice services with virtual queuing (callback option), see also Bright Pattern's Virtual Queue Tutorial.
The following steps suggest the order of actions that you should take when configuring an inbound voice or chat service for your contact center.
Step 1: Create and configure an inbound voice or chat service
Create an inbound voice or chat service, and configure its general settings. See section Services and Campaigns - Properties Tab.
Step 2: Assign teams to the service
Assign agent teams to this service. Note that the service will be created with a default service skill that can be assigned automatically to all members of the associated agent teams. See section Services and Campaigns - Assignments Tab.
Step 3: Create additional skills required for this service
Additional skills are called auxiliary skills. Add any other required agent skills for this campaign.
Step 4: Assign the additional skills to agents of the assigned teams
Assign auxiliary skills to agents as required skill levels.
Step 5: Specify service level thresholds
Set the service level threshold for the service. See section Services and Campaigns - Service Level Tab.
Step 6: Create the scenario for the service
Create the interaction processing scenario for this service. For voice, use text-to-speech to generate the voice messages and prompts, and once they are finalized, record them with a voice talent.
Step 7: For voice, specify dial-out information
For voice services, specify the dial-out entries for outbound consultation calls.
Step 8: For voice, set up periodic call recording exports
For voice services, set up periodic exports of call recordings. See section Services and Campaigns - Results Tab.
Step 9: For chat, update omnichannel routing settings
For chat services, specify the number of sessions that agents can handle simultaneously. See section Omnichannel Routing.
Step 10: For voice, configure caller ID
For voice services, configure a caller ID for outbound SMS communications. See section Services and Campaigns - Numbers Tab.
Step 11: For chat, configure SMS access numbers
For chat services, configure an SMS access number for inbound SMS communications. See section Messaging.
Step 12: Associate scenarios
Associate a scenario with the access number (for voice) or web/mobile applications (for chat). See section Scenario Entries.