To ensure normal operation of your Bright Pattern-based contact center, the computers of your Agent Desktop users and your data network shall conform to the following system requirements, which are provided as a sizing example:
Other Requirements and Considerations
|Hardphones (if used)||
SIP VoIP phones with Power over Ethernet if possible (recommended models: Polycom SoundPoint IP series)
Tested with FileZilla, Bitvise SSH, Microsoft Windows default FTP server, OS X built-in SFTP
Tested with Postfix/Dovecot, Google.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com, Mail.ru, Yandex.ru
- On the client side, the G.729 codec is supported for hardphones only.
- Bandwidth varies greatly depending on the number of screens, screen resolution, intensity of screen changes, and some other factors. The estimate is provided for a single-screen computer with 1200 x 1600 screen resolution running typical office applications (low intensity of screen changes).
- See the previous footnote.
- For version 5.0, the default configuration for Agent Server has changed: HTTPS is enabled on 8445 by default, and HTTP is enabled on 8444 by default (this is for lab usage only without HTTPS). The default configuration template for Agent Server has changed to allow only HTTPS on 8445 (no unsecure HTTP).
- The ports are not needed if nginx or other reverse proxy is deployed on server side. If internet access is not opened directly but requires outbound HTTP proxy configured in browser settings, some Agent Desktop Helper functionality, like customized alert sounds, may not be available.
- The Agent Desktop Helper Application, which implements the SIP softphone function, will try to open this port automatically during installation. This attempt will normally succeed for the Windows native firewall. If a third-party firewall is used, this port may have to be opened manually.
- International connections to the US will suffer from higher latency and might impact QoS. Latency greater than 150 ms will be unacceptable.
- The Agent Desktop Helper Application periodically compares actual jitter and packet loss values with these thresholds. Whenever a threshold is exceeded, Agent Desktop displays the following text to the logged-in user: A problem with voice quality is detected, please check your network connection. The message is removed automatically when metric values go back to normal. The minimum duration of the message display is 5 seconds.
- The browser's Enhanced Protected Mode must be disabled in order for all Agent Desktop application logs to appear in the same folder (C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\logs). To disable the Enhanced Protected Mode: (1) From the Tools (Alt+X) menu select Internet options. (2) Click the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Security settings, and unselect the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode checkbox. (3) Click OK.
- Note that the Microsoft Edge browser does not support extensions such as the Agent Desktop Helper Application and therefore cannot be used for the Agent Desktop application.