- General Information
- Contact Center Configuration Process
- Initial General Configuration
- Inbound Voice Service Configuration
- Outbound Campaign Configuration
- Email Service Configuration
- Chat Service Configuration
- Web Chat Configuration
- Users and Teams
- Forwarding and Voicemail Operation
- Agent Dashboard Metrics
- Skill Levels
- Help Screens
- Scenario Entries
- Services and Campaigns
- Services and Campaigns Overview
- Properties Tab
- Assignments Tab
- Lists Tab
- Dispositions Tab
- Activity Tab
- Numbers Tab
- Service Level Tab
- Outbound Tab
- Results Tab
- Archive Tab
- Canned Tab
- Email Tab
- Pre-defined Dispositions
- Outbound - General
- Outbound - Calling Hours
- Outbound - Dial Rules
- Outbound - DNC
- Outbound - Diagnostics
- Case & Contact Management
- Call Center Configuration
- General Settings
- Integration Accounts
- Knowledge Base
- Hours of Operation
- State Calling Hours
- Auxiliary Skills
- Language Skills
- Audio Treatments
- Shared Voice Segments
- Omni-Channel Routing
- Chat Settings
- Email Settings
- Quality Management
- Grading Categories
- 1 Call Recording and Monitoring
- 1.1 Settings
- 1.1.1 Call Recording
- 1.1.2 Play monitoring notification
- 1.1.3 Monitoring prompt
- 1.1.4 Play notification tone periodically
- 1.1.5 Stop recording of outbound calls
- 1.1 Settings
- Screen Recording
- Encryption Settings
- Agent Desktop Helper Application
- System Requirements
- Countries, Calling Codes, and Time Zones
- Setting Up Private S3 Storage
Call Recording and Monitoring
Call recording and monitoring settings are configured in Quality Management > Call Recording and Monitoring in the Contact Center Administrator application.
Voice recordings can be subsequently played back via: - Interaction Records page of the Contact Center Admin application (requires privilege Listening to all call recordings and view all chat transcripts or Listening to call recordings and view chat transcripts on services in reviewer role; the latter is typically used for BPO client access) - Contact activity history pane of the Agent Desktop (requires privilege Listen to call recordings and view chat transcripts on assigned services or Listening to own call recordings and view own chat transcripts)
Voice recordings can also be exported to an external storage.
Select the record calls checkbox to enable call recording. If this property is checked, all voice calls will be recorded (inbound, outbound, and internal). Please note that this configuration setting can be overridden by the following actions (listed in the order from least to most powerful):
- Configuration settings for a specific service
- Configuration settings for a specific user
- Value of scenario variable $(doNotRecord)
- Manual pause/resume recording commands by Agent/Supervisor
- Automatic recording when a call is monitored
- Presume recording using corresponding desktop API methods
- Value of scenario variable $(banVoiceRecording)
If a call is transferred, the call recording state is determined by the highest level override present in the main or consult call after transfer. If two or more calls are merged into a conference, the call recording state is determined by the highest level override present in any merged call. Once recording is manually started via API, it can be stopped by only API call or by setting the $(banVoiceRecording) variable. Adding or removing services or other users would not stop the recording started by API.
Play monitoring notification
Select the checkbox for either to agent or to customer to specify who should hear the monitoring notification.
The Monitoring prompt is the sound or other audio message that will be used for the monitoring notification. Click upload to add a voice file (in WAV format).
Play notification tone periodically
When call is recorded
Select the checkbox for either to agent or to customer to specify who should hear a tone when a call is being recorded.
When call is monitored
Select the checkbox for either to agent or to customer to specify who should hear a tone when a call is being monitored.
Periodic Monitoring or Recording prompt
The Periodic Monitoring or Recording prompt is the sound or other audio message that will be used as the notification tone. Click upload to add a voice file (in WAV format).
Period, sec is the period of time (in seconds) to wait before playing the periodic monitoring or recording prompt again. For example, specifying 10 seconds here causes the periodic monitoring or recording prompt to be played every 10 seconds.
Stop recording of outbound calls
For voice services, you can discontinue call recording upon transferring a call to an external number.
Instances in which you may not want to record calls include when:
- Customers require calls not to be recorded after transfer to an external number.
- Customers require just the consult portion of the call to be recorded in order to have reference data for the agent.
- Agents must not record calls when transferring to a specific agent.
Stop recording of an outbound call after the last agent leaves
This selection allows an agent to make a consult call to a public switched telephone network (PSTN) destination (i.e., an external phone number), complete the transfer, and have the call recording continue if the agent’s call was recorded. The call will not be recorded once the agent leaves.
Continue recording of the calls transferred outside
This selection specifies that the call will be recorded even after transfer.
except when calling the following numbers
To create exceptions to your call recording/stopping selections, click add. Adding phone numbers allows you to stop recording when transferring to specific clients, as well as to stop call recording after transfer on a per-service basis.
The default value is to stop recording. If you want recording to continue upon transfer, you must make your selection from Call Recording.