Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.15.0 is a release that includes various features and bug fixes.
Note: If you are upgrading to this version from a previous release, be sure to review the prior release notes for any versions you may have skipped past, as these release notes include important information about features, defects, and upgrade notes for each specific version.
There are no important notices for this release.
Changes in System Behavior
This section describes changes in system behavior for this release.
Email Behavior Update
This release fixes some inconsistencies in the default content of the email subject and To: fields presented when a case's email draft is opened from various Agent Desktop screens. The unified behavior is as follows:
- If there is no previously saved draft from the same agent on the same case, the Open button will create a reply to the very last sent or received email on the case.
- Specifically, “very last” is in chronological order of your contact center receiving/sending the emails.
- When creating a reply, the subject line from the last email is copied.
- A Re: prefix is included in the subject line; multiple Re: prefixes are never added (i.e., unless they are already included)
- When creating a reply, the email body is copied from the last email and hidden under the collapsed ellipsis control (i.e., … ).
- When creating a reply, the customer's email address is always put in the To: field.
- If the last email was an outbound email from an agent, the first address from the last outbound email is copied.
- If the last email was an inbound email from a customer, the address in the From: field is copied.
- When creating a reply, the In-Reply-To header is always populated in the email to send.
- If there is a previously saved draft from the same agent, it is reopened.
- If there is a draft from another agent, it is ignored.
The above unified behavior is based on what is shown in the draft when a case is opened from an email queue; the change only affects the draft when it is opened from the Case Search page.
The following features have been added or updated for this release.
New Report Delivery Options
If your contact center schedules reports for distribution via email or FTP/SFTP, this version of Bright Pattern Contact Center introduces the option to deliver reports in either a compressed or an uncompressed format. Compressed reports will be delivered as reports (.CSV) in a .ZIP file; uncompressed reports will be delivered as the specified file type as individual attachments.
If you are upgrading to this version, note that the existing method of delivery (i.e., compressed .ZIP files) will not change (i.e., the setting will be enabled); however, this option is disabled by default for new contact centers. For more information, see the Reporting Reference Guide, section Scheduling Reports.
New Report Delivery Variables
The following variables for email and FTP/SFTP report delivery are now available:
These variables display the beginning and end date (respectively) of the interval defined in the Report parameters setting of the Parameters tab; the format is YYYYMMDD and does not include a timesta|mp. For more information, see the Reporting Reference Guide.
Configurable Case Properties in the Case Search List View
In the Agent Desktop application, section Search & Preview Records, it is now possible to configure case properties that are shown in the case search list view. The selectable case properties include the following:
- Service (NEW)
- Disposition (NEW)
For more information, see the Agent Guide, section Search & Preview Records Interface.
Full Email Header Information Now Included in Email Threads
For contact centers that use email, if an email is included in a case, the following email header information is now included for each email in the email thread:
For more information, see the Agent Guide, section Cases, Email, and Threads.
Recipients Added in Email Reply Displayed in Case Activity Records
For contact centers that use email, if an agent sends a reply to the customer and adds another recipient to the To:, Cc:, or Bcc: field, these additional recipients are now displayed in the case's activity records. For more information, see the Agent Guide, section My Cases Interface.
For more information about known issues for Bright Pattern Contact Center, please see Known Issues and Workarounds.