From Bright Pattern Documentation
Version 5.20.0 Release Notes
This Bright Pattern Contact Center version 5.20.0 maintenance release includes improvements to Agent Desktop, Contact Center Administrator, and Service Provider.
Changes in System Behavior
The following changes affect system functionality and may affect business processes, actions, and flows:
- Previously, agents working on preview campaigns could stay in the new preview record alert for an unlimited amount of time without accepting or rejecting the record. Starting from this release, if agents do not accept a preview record within a 30-second timeout, they will be switched to the Not Ready- No Answer state while the record will be redistributed to another agent. Note that the timeout is configurable. If you wish to revert to the pre-upgrade behavior, set this timeout to an empty string.
- The DNC list log feature present in previous releases is no longer available.
- The limit placed on the number of users who can be assigned the role of supervisor is now properly enforced.
- The maximum runtime for a report-generating SQL query is now properly enforced with a limit of 10 minutes. Any queries that exceed this limit will be cancelled.
- Previously, articles that were set as the default for a particular service were inserted automatically into email responses only. Now, they are also inserted into outbound emails associated with the given service.
- The Edit Dial Rule dialog for the following actions no longer includes the Reschedule Interval and Min. Wait Time fields: Run scenario, Stop calling number, Stop calling number for all campaigns, stop calling record. These settings were non-actionable for the specified actions.
FTCI now Supported as Additional Integration with Verint WFM
- Visibility of agent state data assists supervisors in detecting potential cases of work avoidance. The Generic - File Import Time Collection Interface (FTCI) is now supported in addition to the previously available Streaming Time Collection Interface (STCI) as a delivery method for periodically supplying agent state data to Verint WFM. Every minute, the system delivers a file containing agent state data to the SFTP site indicated in the account.
Integrate with Google Streaming Speech to Text
- Google Streaming Speech to Text (STT) is available as an integration account. Users can choose to designate one Streaming STT account as their default. When transcription is enabled for a service, it will be transcribed by the default account. See STT Integration for more information.
Prevent background noises from being transcribed as speech
- Two new audio processing parameters let you fine tune the IBM STT speech recognition service to suppress accidental and random word insertions in transcribed speech. The first parameter Background audio suppression uses volume level to differentiate background noise from speech. The second parameter Speech detector sensitivity detects and filters coughing, music, and other non-speech events. More details can be found by viewing the STT Integration page.
Insert Remote Assistance Data into the Customer Relationship Management System
- Saving remote assistance sessions in the Activity History improves documentation and troubleshooting speed, reducing the workload of agents and enhancing the accuracy of reported data. Once an interaction is complete, a workflow is triggered to log information about the remote assistance session in an external CRM system. The start and end time, operating system version, and IP address are captured in the CRM. System Administrators have the ability to toggle this feature on or off as needed.
Use smart formatting at the STT integration level to make strings like dates, times, and phone numbers easier to read in transcripts
- Without smart formatting, customer provided information such as a telephone number might be displayed asfive five five five one two three four instead of 5551234. The smart formatting feature of the Play-Listen block introduced in 5.8 has been added at the STT integration level. When enabled, it converts some numeric information to conventional representations, making it easier for QM staff to identify key points in the transcript. See Play Listen scenario block for more information.
Help the IBM Watson STT system better understand context and improve recognition accuracy by adding a custom language model
- Some words, acronyms and phrases used in specific industries or domains have different meanings, depending on context. For example, the acronym LOL might mean lots of love or laugh out loud. Or the word wicked might mean bad or good. Adding a custom language model provides IBM Watson STT with a more comprehensive vocabulary that includes industry or domain-specific words, phrases, and acronyms and enhances the base language model with words and terms from your corpus.
View Agents' Next State on Supervisor Desktop in the Directory
- Visibility of the next state metric assists supervisors in detecting potential cases of work avoidance. When an agent's next state is set, supervisors can see it, along with the agent's current state. See All Metrics for more details on this and other metrics.
Limit the Number of Users Assigned to the Role of Supervisor to the Maximum Set in the Administrator portal
- The tenant-specific limit placed on the number of users who can be assigned the role of supervisor is enforced.
Display Real-Time Reporting Data
- Visibility of real-time data allows for quicker and more accurate reporting. The Allow Display of Real-Time Reporting Data feature in the Agent Desktop directory is enabled by default for all new tenants.
Connect to the Agent Desktop Helper Application through a Dynamic Port
- Connecting to the ADHelper application through a dynamic port can be beneficial for Citrix or other VDI users by reducing connectivity issues. The port is unique for each instance of the ADHelper application. See Installing the Agent Desktop Helper Application for information on how to use a dynamic port.
- Populate Outbound Emails with Default Knowledge Base Articles
- Previously, articles that were set as the default for a particular service were inserted automatically into email responses only. Starting from this release, they are also inserted into outbound emails associated with the given service.
Filter Emails By Part of a Filename
- The keyword-based email routing function can search for part of an email attachment filename without the need for a space. This means a specified keyword within an email attachment filename can be identified regardless of whether the keyword appears before, in-between, or after spaces, dashes, underscores, or periods. Further details can be found on the Email page.
Recognize Call Failed as No Answer
- If a mobile phone cannot be reached (due to a SIP 480 Response Code), administrators can choose to have the system return a No Answer result instead of a Call Failed message. If you are interested in this option, please contact your service provider.
Verify that Digit Entry is Complete before Exiting Collect Digits Scenario Block
- A checkbox labeled "Accept inputs only if finish button pressed or max number of digits reached" has been included as an optional feature in the Collect Digits scenario block. Once this checkbox is selected, the following actions will take place:
- The block will exit normally with collected data only if the finish button is pressed or the maximum number of digits is reached.
- If all retry attempts have been exhausted and the finish button was not pressed, or the maximum number of digits was not reached, the block will take the No Input exit. See Collect Digits scenario block to learn more.
Merge all Calls into a Conference Call
- Using API method mergeAllCallsIntoConference, agents can combine all calls, both from customers and other agents, into a single conference call. The method includes an optional parameter that enables customers to specify any custom data they wish to transfer to the receiving party. Additional details can be found on the mergeAllCallsIntoConference page.
New Privilege Manage Users Call Settings Improves Security
- The ability to change the Record Calls/Do Not Record Calls setting for a particular user is now limited to users with this privilege, helping to improve system security. Upon upgrade, this privilege is granted to any user who had the privilege Manage Users prior to the upgrade. See Privileges for detailed information about all privileges.
Set Dial Rule Parameters in Minutes and/or Hours
- The Edit Dial Rule dialog now allows users to set the Reschedule Interval and Min. Wait Time fields in minutes, hours, or a combination, which provides greater flexibility for customer follow-up.
Select and Download Multiple Campaign Result Archives Individually or as a Single File
- The Administrator portal > Services and Campaigns > Archives list view has been extended to support selection of multiple campaign result archives. Selected archives can be downloaded in a compressed format either as separate csv files or consolidated into a single csv file. See Archive Tab for more information.
New Privilege Manage Caller IDs Within Services and Campaigns
- The ability to view, add, delete, or change the properties of Caller IDs in services and campaigns is limited to users with the Manage Caller IDs Within Services and Campaigns privilege. This helps to improve system security. Upon upgrade this privilege is granted to any user who had privilege Manage All Services and Campaigns or Manage Assigned Services and Campaigns prior to the upgrade. See Privileges for detailed information about all privileges.
New Privilege Start Campaigns and Enable Lists Provides More Security
- The ability to start/stop campaigns and enable/disable campaign lists is limited to users with the Start Campaigns and Enable Lists privilege, helping to improve system security. Users without this privilege can still view campaign metrics, and add/remove teams from campaigns. Upon upgrade this privilege is granted to any user who had the privilege Control Campaign Operations prior to the upgrade. See Privileges to learn more.
Download a List of the Records that Failed to Load During a List Import
- Download a CSV file containing a list of records that failed to import. After importing a list, click any non-zero, hyperlinked value in a log entry in the Errors column of the list import/update log. Every row in the error file displays the failure reason and the record details. Use the error list to review the reasons records could not be imported.
New Report Lets You Download the Import and Update History of Calling Lists
- The Calling List Update Logs report - Calling List Update Logs- lets users with the Manage Lists privilege generate a downloadable report that contains the details of calling list import/update operations for preset or custom timeframes. Reports include the list name, the import date and time, the import filename, the number of records imported, the number of records not imported, the user who initiated the import, and the import result.
New Privilege Provides More Control Over Who Modifies the Periodic Import Configuration and Executes the Run Import Now Function
- The Update Content of Calling Lists privilege allows a user to modify the periodic import configuration and initiate an import with the Run Import Now feature. Roles with the Manage Lists privilege are automatically enabled with the Update Content of Calling Lists privilege. Users without the Update Content of Calling Lists privilege cannot:
- Add records to a list manually.
- Change any settings in the Periodic Import section of the Lists > Properties configuration page.
- Access the 'Run Import Now' function
- Invoke API requests that add, change or delete the contents of calling lists
Improvements to Start Another Scenario Block
- The user experience has been enhanced with improvements made to the Start Another Scenario block. A search box has been incorporated, which allows users to filter the list of scenarios as they type in the scenario name. Furthermore, to ensure full visibility of long scenario names, the width of the dropdown scenario list has been doubled. These enhancements make it easier for users to quickly find and select the scenario they need. See Start Another Scenario for more information.